Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ridding groups

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008 | 11:50 AM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Ridding groups

Among the benefits are going to places or riding on roads you may not have known existed or had preconceived notions of. Nothing wrong with joining up with fellow riders, you're here, ain't ya?

Old 01-30-2008 | 12:07 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior

Some groups, like ABATE, are more than just a social club and use their combined resources to lobby for motorcyclists rights. I find them to be a H*lluva lot more fun than HOG.

Old 01-30-2008 | 12:43 PM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior

as a member of a MC I have some bias... but I love riding with my brothers. Side by side ripping it up in town or on the hiway. It's all good!

Old 01-30-2008 | 02:12 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

I dont mind riding with a group that KNOWS how to ride, we can ride easy or hard it does not matter as long as I know that they can ride. As far as belonging to a club I personally do not belong to a specific group I am an independent however I have tons of friends that ride it is just a matter of a phone call and off we go.

Old 01-30-2008 | 03:35 PM
rapz
Road Captain

I belong to a group that does a fall ride to the hill country in Texas and a spring break ride into Mexico. Two group rides per year is plenty for me.

Old 01-30-2008 | 04:49 PM
King Kong Sportster
|
Advanced

Well thank you all for your responses. I have been giving this much thought.I have pretty much concluded, that for time being I enjoy ridding solo. Nothing against biker clubs and ridding in groups. I figure there will bemuch opportunity to do so in the near future. Besides dont know if I would be comfortable ridding with a bunch of people just yet. Just love being able to ride at my own pace soft or hard whenever I feel like it. Thats my 2 cents for now. Things could always change thou.

Old 01-30-2008 | 04:54 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp

Hey Kong,

Ya didn't say if it wasa HOG, patched club, veterans group or what? Or what what?

Old 01-30-2008 | 04:57 PM
sewerat
Road Master

I am the 2nd officer of our local Southern Cruisers club and I quite enjoy the company of others to get out and share the road with. Everybody has their own ideas of places to go and things to do so it helps to make each and every ride a little bit more interesting.

Old 01-30-2008 | 08:34 PM
Yokel99
Cruiser

I spend many weekends exploring the backroads by myself. I find it's anexcellentway to burn off the stress ofwork and the demands of fatherhood.

Long trips are a different story. My buddieslike the same type of riding as me (lean back and relax on the straight sections and go like hell through the twisties).When your on a 2 week ride, it's nice to relive the day over a good dinner and a couple of beers with your buds.

Old 01-31-2008 | 09:40 AM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

There are pros and cons to both. I belong to a riding club and I've seen territory I wouldn't have otherwise. Several of us are taking off for a 10 day run to the Grand Canyon this summer. Don't know if I would have done that by myself or not, but one things for sure--we're going to have fun going.

I still enjoy riding solo. As I look at the situation, doing both gives me choices. Doing only one (solo) doesn't. Either way, you're still riding.

Quick Reply: Ridding groups