Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sundowner Touring Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:58 PM
1Harleyrdr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sundowner Touring Seat

Okdoesanyone have one of these seats? It is in the Harley Book of Magical Wishes. Is it worth the money? Would you Purchase again?

Sundowner™ Deep Bucket Seat - Smooth

Designed for the long haul, this touring seat continues the tradition of the popular Sundowner™ line. With rider comfort in mind, this seat features a deep contoured bucket that provides lower back support to keep you in the saddle longer. The wide passenger pillion provides added passenger support. The smooth cover complements any Touring model. Seat accepts rider backrest for additional touring comfort. PN: 52093-08

Thank you for the help

Old 01-29-2008, 09:08 PM
eglidetrike1
Road Master
Default RE: Sundowner Touring Seat

I bought one and did not like it, sold it to a friend and he loves it and another friend has one and he also likes it. Go to the dealer and sit on it to see if you like it before you buy it.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 PM
ms3300
Road Captain

I had a sundowner seat on my 06 Road KIng Classic. It made long distance rides much more comfortable for me. My g/f like it initially because it extended her comfort time from about an hour to about two hours. However, last year we rode to Gatlinburg, Tn and back (1800 miles round trip) in a weeks time and on the way back I had to pull over about every 60 miles so she could stretch. Seat was fine for me though. If you plan on a lot of long distance, two up riding, you might wanna consider another seat.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:15 PM
1Harleyrdr
Road Captain

I want a seat for day trips for wife, she is used to gold wing comfort so I have to do something about the seat that is on the bike now

Old 01-29-2008, 10:06 PM
loosetravlr
Novice

Put one on my 06 SG; 2 trips to Sturgis from Idaho, couple trips to B.C. and lot of overnighters.
Have had multiple back surgeries. The seat and the adjustable back-rest made all these do-able (the 120 JIMS and the wind helped too)

D.A.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Hawkeye
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one on my '07 Ultra. Started with the stock seat. Tried Mustang and Saddleman. None of those three worked for me. Got the Sundowner (exactly the same one you're looking at) a little before a San Francisco --> Los Angeles --> Washington, DC --> San Francisco trip last year. Works for me!

Old 01-29-2008, 10:43 PM
mikeayl
Advanced

Ive got one. Looks a little big on the SG but the comfort is good. Thats it on the signature pic.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master

I've got one and always throw it on the bike when I will be riding longer than 4 hours or so... It is much nicer than the stock seat and no comparison for the passenger. Only reason I take it off for the around town rides are because of the thicker look to it. I like the sleek look of the stock seat, but it sucks for long rides.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:57 PM
1Harleyrdr
Road Captain

Perfect thank you for the pic

Old 01-30-2008, 06:29 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

If I am working ona seat that will fit one of our bikes I always put it on to see how it sits before and after the modifications. The Sundowner sits way better than stock right out of the box imo and after modification I think its a hard seat to beat...I liked it so much I got one for my SG so coming from a seat guy that should say something.

Quick Reply: Sundowner Touring Seat