Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well deserved appreciation for my dealers team at "Barbs HD"

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Well deserved appreciation for my dealers team at "Barbs HD"

I know there are somewho are not happy with their dealer. You know, when you get, "oh, that's normal" etc. lol!
I must admit, there was a time, a year or two ago when I was a newbie with HD,that I wasvery quick to criticizeall dealers especially my own.
I have now had my SG for a few years now and my view of dealers have done an about face. Throughthe interaction of getting my bike servicedand buying parts, Iam on a first name basiswith the entire team including the owner and have realized what good people they all are. All are extremely well informed and helpful individuals. They have always done right by me, looking out for my best interests even when I wasn't aware of it.
I would just like to express well deserved kudos for a great dealership with a great staff,
"Barbs Harley Davidson" (Collingswood, NJ).
If you are ever in the area stop in and tell them Frank sent you (AKA, streetrunner)
Lookin' for service see Rich, Lookin' for parts see Mike, Lookin' for sales see Gary and oh yeah, if you want the boss see Barb.

NO, I don'town shares or work there! They're just good people but on the contrary, sometime I think I pay their rent! LOL!

Old 01-29-2008, 01:13 PM
eglidetrike1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well deserved appreciation for my dealers team at "Barbs HD"

I bought my 05 EG standard there in 04 nice people.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:29 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice to hear the occasional good dealer story

Old 01-29-2008, 01:36 PM
hhpd24
Intermediate

I had just the opposite experience with them. I wanted to buy my 07 FLHX there and just asked them if they could MEET / MATCH the price I was given by another local dealer (MILLS HD - BURLINGTON) because I live5 minutes from Barbs & 30 minutes from Mills. They were not interested in my business and did not even attempt to move on their price.

Mills beat Barb's HD price by $1800 + and even threw in an extended warranty ! Larry in sales is the best !

By the way - now that I have been dealing with MILLS I will never go to another HD dealer for ANYTHING ! They are great people - and their prices can't be beat!

Jerzidude
07 FLHX
Blk Cherry

Old 01-29-2008, 02:06 PM
07BlkCherryUltra
Cruiser

I got my bike from Barb's too. I wanted the bike then and there, but I coulda saved a bunch of money going just about anywhere else. NowI agree, they have some nice people. Barb the owner, Lisa from sales, and Megan in the clothes dept.areall real easy on the eyes.

But Rich in the Service Dept.??!! I swear he must live by the motto that Harley stuff is the best stuff and nothing else comes close!! I asked him about the TMAT,Arlen Ness big sucker andANY type of performance exhaust. His answer, that Harley is better than anything!

At another time I went to the parts counter asking about D&D fatcats. The one guy there, Barb's nephew, never even heard of them! WTF? Then he had to ask the ALL KNOWING Rich about them, then I got "Why do you want to go with them?"

It's a real shame that Mark from parts left. He was a goldmine of information and wasn't afraid to tell it like it is.
I've heard too many stories, like the guy whose tire was replaced backwards, to go back there for service.

I'm going to use my points card, fill it up on chrome, clothes, and the Ride Like a Pro Class, get my $400 worth of freebies and be done.

But, in all honesty, and I mean this, I'm glad that you like them.
Remember what I said about Rich though, and see if you don't find him to be that way too.