Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just finished Boogey Lights install (photos added)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:44 PM
jakester
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just finished Boogey Lights install (photos added)

LOOOOOOKIN GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!! WHAT TIME DOES THE SHOW START????? LOL JAKESTER....[sm=happy046.gif]

Old 01-28-2008, 10:41 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: huffhuffthey'll get you a ticket in most states if you ride with them on. doesn't the package say "for show or off road use only". alabama tickets you for distracting other drivers.
In WA there's no law against running them , just against blue or red. I'll never have them on when parked, my main goal is more light going down the road at night. I first thought of putting more lights on the bike, but then thought why not do this and get a cool look plus be seen much better too. These photos are from in my garage, not outside. And with the bike running and the other lights on it's not quite as bright as it looks in these photos - it's a bit softer. But anyway, I'm real pleased with the results.....

Old 01-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Drifting Texas
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: pled55

i got the kuryakyn lizards.been on there about a year
I went with the same lights and like them. Sometimes I run them in paint mode and sometimes in a solid color. I can adjusted them to fit my mood. I wired them into my accessory switch for easy access. Pretty dang slick.

Here's a little video I made of them in paint mode.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v168/DrifterD/?action=view¤t=Lizzardlights.flv

Old 01-28-2008, 10:54 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: masterblaster

I have to say it. I dont know man, might be a little over the edge like tassels (sp), assless chaps with no pants on. Just saying. Do you waave? J/K kinda
Masterblaster... Not to be too picky, but you have a flag on a Road King Classic... some think that is over the top. I'm not a flag person, but again -- to each his own.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:58 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: RonH

Some like 'em, some hate 'em. That's what makes these bikes so much fun to spend money on, do what you like right? So I like 'em and just finished installing the Ultimate Engine Kit from Boogey Lights on my EGC. Turned out very nice. Because of state laws against red and blue I went with the purple LED's. Not as bright as the other colors, but makes a nice subtle glow on the engine. Instead of their switch I wired them into the ACC switch and it's a slick, clean set up. Unless they're on you wouldn't even know that they're on the bike. Can't wait for some decent weather to get out on the road and see how it looks......

[IMG]local://upfiles/9233/B55C9F8DFE4341AE864C0907DC0CCF01.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9233/7CAB072606E7437488440CDEB990DD1A.jpg[/IMG]

FYI. These are illegal in some states, probably most, but it isnot heavily enforced therefore making some people think they are legal......And no I am not going to spend anytime arguing this, like I said....FYI. I will state this. All states have adopted the DOT rules for vehicle lights. Their statutes all basically read thesame word for word copied right from the feds. That means; white to the front, red to the rear, amber/yellow anywhere. These are the only legal colors for motor vehicles.It is a standardnization thing. You will get by in our state (AR) as the last attorney general opinion said if you can't see the actual bulb, just the glow from the buld, then you are legal.(go figure) Oh yeah, purple in AR is reserved for funeralhomes during funeral processions.(these are actuallypurple flashing/strobe type lights)

Old 01-28-2008, 11:09 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I kinda like them and toss around the idea of blue for my bike every once in a while. I actualy picked up a pkg of Kury Lizard Lights when I was at the dealer tonight...but at $170 for a few LEDs...I quickly put them back.

Maybe later...?

Good job on yours though, RonH. Looks sweet.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:08 AM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

MLLKN6 I got a set from my daughter for Christmas.She got them from Joe Florda. Was wondering when you installed his lights where did you mount yours.If you mount them to the backbone of the frame will the lights shine down on the motor enough.She got me 12 of the 3 light bars that fan the light out.
Clap

Old 01-29-2008, 12:19 AM
MustBBrent
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: NoMistakes

Nice job Ron. The purple looks great! I'm a Boogey Lights dealer here in Southeastern PA. I've done Harleys and Gold Wings. Harleys are much easier to work on. For those of you thinking of doing it yourself, don't hesitate. Take your time and it's an easy install.

I'm getting ready to do my 08 in orange lights. I've held up different color LEDs up to the bike and orange seems to look the best with the Duracell color scheme.
Please snap some photos of the orange on the coppertop bike. As you can from my sig, that is what I was planning to do and would love to see it...

Old 01-29-2008, 01:50 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great...

I went with elctropods... basically the same thing... I like them... but, to each, their own...

[IMG]local://upfiles/12433/65C47051336040DB8CC5D1E753DAA1A4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12433/451B64F6650B4C3BA7CD5140688675B8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-29-2008, 06:22 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Does anyone thing the "black" lights on the denim pewter would look ok?

Actually, as much as I thought I'd very quickly pass on these, I think they look cool! They are on the edge of gaudy but for some reason they are very tempting to me. If I could just find some flat black ones[sm=confused06.gif]

Quick Reply: Just finished Boogey Lights install (photos added)