Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just finished Boogey Lights install (photos added)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:42 PM
steadyflow
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just finished Boogey Lights install

looks prety cool i likes

Old 01-28-2008, 07:53 PM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just finished Boogey Lights install

I just finished installing their Flexible strips kit, in blue. Using these lights, it is a very easy install, as the wires are all independant, and run together up under the seat. And, they are on sale right now.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:06 PM
NoMistakes
Cruiser
Default RE: Just finished Boogey Lights install (photos added)

ORIGINAL: RonH

Some like 'em, some hate 'em. That's what makes these bikes so much fun to spend money on, do what you like right? So I like 'em and just finished installing the Ultimate Engine Kit from Boogey Lights on my EGC. Turned out very nice. Because of state laws against red and blue I went with the purple LED's. Not as bright as the other colors, but makes a nice subtle glow on the engine. Instead of their switch I wired them into the ACC switch and it's a slick, clean set up. Unless they're on you wouldn't even know that they're on the bike. Can't wait for some decent weather to get out on the road and see how it looks......
Nice job Ron. The purple looks great! I'm a Boogey Lights dealer here in Southeastern PA. I've done Harleys and Gold Wings. Harleys are much easier to work on. For those of you thinking of doing it yourself, don't hesitate. Take your time and it's an easy install.

I'm getting ready to do my 08 in orange lights. I've held up different color LEDs up to the bike and orange seems to look the best with the Duracell color scheme.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:27 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

they'll get you a ticket in most states if you ride with them on. doesn't the package say "for show or off road use only". alabama tickets you for distracting other drivers.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:49 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I have to say it. I dont know man, might be a little over the edge like tassels (sp), assless chaps with no pants on. Just saying. Do you waave? J/K kinda

Old 01-28-2008, 08:56 PM
mllkn6
Tourer

You can get a good deal from http://stores.ebay.com/Motorcycle-LED-Accent-Lightson Ebay, Joe is super to work with and he really does stand behind his stuff. Got a bad remote control, sent him an email about it and 2 days later it was replaced, mailedthe bad oneback COD too, no problem. Look over what he has, make a list of the stuff you want, email him and he will make you a kit for your bike of the parts you want. He has kits, parts, controllers, wiring harness, LED's that are one color, 3 colors, and change colors too. Easy to install, just to do it right you need to remove your gas tank, so it does take some time, but it's pretty simple to do. I used the blue, have not had any problems about them, mine stay on and don't blink, plus you can't see the light only the reflection.
I don't work for them or have any affiliation with them other than a satisfied customer.
RonH, they look great, that purple looks better than I thought it would too and it really jumps out at you. You did a great job locating them. To me that was the hardest part to the whole install, because location is everything to get the light to reflect where you want it to.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Troy.R.H
Cruiser

Not exactly my cup of tea, but I have to admit, your pictures look pretty kewl.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Scootr
Road Master

I think they look good. I am not sure if I will ever do them or not. I like them but just not sure if they would really get used much since I wouldn't try to ride with them on.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Billiam92407
Tourer

They look good.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:38 PM
pled55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got the kuryakyn lizards.been on there about a year
i like em sometimes i ride with them down the road
haven't had a problem yet .i think they look more at
my assless chaps than the lights...........flame on fellas

Quick Reply: Just finished Boogey Lights install (photos added)