Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many see a bike ahead and try to catch up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008 | 07:17 AM
IBHarley
Road Master
Default RE: How many see a bike ahead and try to catch up?

only when I see them at a traffic light do I get close other than that they are on their own

Old 01-28-2008 | 07:49 AM
Phurion
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: sanaga

wowww....maybe the sportbike u had passed, had problem on their injection or the rider never race u....

u need to try me on my 08 R1......
when ur hd almost max the speed, i just click to 2 nd gear on my R1....wanna prove..???
R1 forums are ----> dattaway.

Old 01-28-2008 | 07:56 AM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: GlideMan

Next summer, i'll pull out and pass most of the sport bikes with the new build.

wowww....maybe the sportbike u had passed, had problem on their injection or the rider never race u....

when ur hd almost max the speed, i just click to 2 nd gear on my R1....wanna prove..???
Maybe you took offence to that, but it isn't any stretch pal. I used to own a GSXR750 limited that was worked on and I know what they can do. I also know what my 107" will do. With 113HP/118TQ I had no probem sticking with him in in fourth or fifth. He was winding it out and was laid out flat on the bike, and I was right behind him each time we pulled hard. We did this 4 or 5 times in the course of about 30 miles then he finally stayed the line and I passed him and crusied on.

As for max speed, never had my glide past 120 before but it still has lots left from there. I guess 120 is plenty fast enough for me, but it sure is fun catching a rice burner and then holding to them as they try to leave you behind. Not saying I can do that with any or all others, but I had the gixxers number no problem. I've also run with a few 1000's on some cruises where they've said after the loops, man that thing goes good for a harley. Yes they pulled away, but not like your likely imagining. My scoots pretty fast, and is only going to be better with the new motor that coming next week. New build should make in the 135-140 range for HP/TQ.

Old 01-28-2008 | 08:37 AM
sanaga
Road Captain

Next summer, i'll pull out and pass most of the sport bikes with the new build.

Maybe you took offence to that, but it isn't any stretch pal. I used to own a GSXR750 limited that was worked on and I know what they can do. I also know what my 107" will do. With 113HP/118TQ I had no probem sticking with him in in fourth or fifth. He was winding it out and was laid out flat on the bike, and I was right behind him each time we pulled hard. We did this 4 or 5 times in the course of about 30 miles then he finally stayed the line and I passed him and crusied on.

As for max speed, never had my glide past 120 before but it still has lots left from there. I guess 120 is plenty fast enough for me, but it sure is fun catching a rice burner and then holding to them as they try to leave you behind. Not saying I can do that with any or all others, but I had the gixxers number no problem. I've also run with a few 1000's on some cruises where they've said after the loops, man that thing goes good for a harley. Yes they pulled away, but not like your likely imagining. My scoots pretty fast, and is only going to be better with the new motor that coming next week. New build should make in the 135-140 range for HP/TQ.
glideman....i know what u are talking, iused tohave RK, SG, and now i have and ride Ultra....i know ur SG hit 113hp, and maybe ur new build SG will hit 140 hp....i had ride my friend RK with a 124" engine.....
i ask u, NOW have u counthow muchur SG weight??? 300 kg..?? do u ever calculate power to weight ratio on ur SG..??
even ur SG put out 200hp, its still no compare with any modern litre sport bike....
my 08 R1 weight 178 kg (dry) and put out 170 ish hp..its 0.95 ratio...almost 1 hp for 1 kg weight....
my R1 wil hit 0-60 mph in 2,7 second....
i often found my self hit 90 mph at 1st gear incidentally, and i click to 2nd and hit to 110mph and the click to 3rd and hit 130mph..etc etc....
glideman, im not intended to argue with u....im only want to clear it up, that ur perception about nowadaysport bike is wrong...
today sportbike is alot different with past time sportbike....im happy with both of world, so i know what im talking about....
if there a sportbike rider say "woww...ur hd is so fast.." it means he try to being a polite man...
good luck on ur new engine glideman....

Old 01-28-2008 | 08:54 AM
The Old Man
Road Master

I will ride up to see what they are on also but I don't crowd them at all. I usually pull in behiend them as I feel that there is safety in numbers. Then just friendly wave when we have to seperate. Talk a little at lights with them sometime. kind of fun.

Old 01-28-2008 | 08:59 AM
HogBack
Road Master

A little of each. I like to see a nice bike... I ride to catch up....if it is a Harley I admire it, usually from behind...if it is a non-bike, I keep going...

Hogback

Old 01-28-2008 | 09:14 AM
RJM2096
Cruiser

I swear I am a human cruise control. I just keep the speed I am traveling.

I admit I would like to see what they are riding,andI actually enjoylooking at anything passing meby.

But I kind of feel like I will not let emotion control my actions.

Old 01-28-2008 | 10:57 AM
nmfxstc
Road Master

Yup...catch up, catch the rider's eye, stagger, ride safe....strength and visibility in numbers!!

Old 01-28-2008 | 11:09 AM
RoadKing_Al
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: XTrooper3936

ORIGINAL: Hombre

Ummmmm............ nope
What the Hombre said.
Ditto........I mind my own business.

Old 01-28-2008 | 12:46 PM
quackhead
Road Master

i usually hold my speed...which is faster so i'll catch up with them anyway then pass them and keep going.

Quick Reply: How many see a bike ahead and try to catch up?