Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many see a bike ahead and try to catch up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008 | 03:31 AM
24guns
Cruiser
Default RE: How many see a bike ahead and try to catch up?

I'm usually takin' in scenery therefore becoming the slowest. Of those who pass me I get a wave from the driver and a stare from their female passenger. I don't know why, they just do. I prefer to think they be looking at me, but somehow I think they are looking at the bike.

I keep my speed and do my thing. I figure I wasn't invited to his/her party so I ain't gonna crash it.
I don't crowd.

I've also had a parade of people come up on andfollow me, not crowd, but follow. Meeting up with the crew later ata petrol stop I was told, "You looked like you knew where you were going so we just followed you." Had they only known.......

Old 01-28-2008 | 03:55 AM
Aslan
Road Master

If it's a Harley up ahead I will try tocatch up to take a look and usuallyfollow along.
The kid in me is still there because if I see a metric bike aheadI just have the urge to chase it down and pass it.

Old 01-28-2008 | 04:13 AM
krgs2k
Cruiser

I just leave the cruise on and generally end up passing them anyway.

Old 01-28-2008 | 04:34 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

back in the mid 80's...me on a Kz1000 MkII riding southbound on first ave at about 14th street in NYC. I see way up ahead a helmet....yes...another bike....let me catch up and check it out. so i am zipping in and out of the traffic hauling a$$, when all of the sudden I look up and this guy is 5 feet in front of me almost stopped. He was on one of those plastic scooters. When I rearended him, it looked like a plastic factory had exploded. I went down also, but just ran over to my bike held in the clutch and picked it up....it was still running. The kid on the scooter was saying something about not having ANY paperwork at all....well neither did I....so I just high tailed it out of there.
Since then I have slowed down a bit....dont rush to catch other bikes...and stopped taking drugs.

Old 01-28-2008 | 05:05 AM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Hombre

Ummmmm............ nope
What the Hombre said.

Old 01-28-2008 | 05:57 AM
nidan
Road Warrior

I too feel an urge to catch up , and usually to pass it .. can't really explain why.

Old 01-28-2008 | 06:47 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

I will stay at my pace if i catch up I would pass, nod my head and keep on cycling...

Old 01-28-2008 | 06:58 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior

I ride my pace, which is usually just a few miles over the limit, if I catch up to a bike I will either reduce speed and drop back, or blow past him.....I never "join" another rider on his ride. Same when someone comes up on me....either slow down and let him pass or speed up to put some distance between. I like checking out the other bikes, but don't go out of my way, or invade their space to do it.

Old 01-28-2008 | 06:58 AM
Fla Glide
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: big_al

I will stay at my pace if i catch up I would pass, nod my head and keep on cycling...
+ 1...... But at times I'll crank it up to pass that scooter that passed me doing 80... damn things

Old 01-28-2008 | 07:00 AM
sanaga
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: GlideMan

Next summer, i'll pull out and pass most of the sport bikes with the new build.

wowww....maybe the sportbike u had passed, had problem on their injection or the rider never race u....

u need to try me on my 08 R1......
when ur hd almost max the speed, i just click to 2 nd gear on my R1....wanna prove..???

Quick Reply: How many see a bike ahead and try to catch up?