Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light-historic code???????

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 10:46 AM
philb252
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light-historic code???????

I ride a 2007 FLHTC. Earlier this week, while cruising on the freeway at a steady speed, the yellow check engine light came on. After about 10 mins it went out but I still stopped in the local dealership on my way home to have it read. The service writer said the code indicated a historic code for"compression loss, rear cylinder". He said they "recorded" the signal and reset it. The light came on again, 2 days later then went out again. Where is this sensor and could the connection be loose? I assume that I would have noticed a cylinder miss. Any ideas?

Old 09-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Rickierockit92
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by philb252
I ride a 2007 FLHTC. Earlier this week, while cruising on the freeway at a steady speed, the yellow check engine light came on. After about 10 mins it went out but I still stopped in the local dealership on my way home to have it read. The service writer said the code indicated a historic code for"compression loss, rear cylinder". He said they "recorded" the signal and reset it. The light came on again, 2 days later then went out again. Where is this sensor and could the connection be loose? I assume that I would have noticed a cylinder miss. Any ideas?

hey man curioius on what ever happened with this situation you had back in 08. i know its been a while but have an 07 and similar issue.. if you could get back to me i would appreciate it! thanks

Old 09-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,984 Likes on 4,175 Posts

Think maybe he used wrong word and should have said no combustion.. P1356. If so , it's coming from the coil. The third wire reads the resistance of the plug wire and plug when firing at high speed and uses this to set a code and also to prevent spark knock by controlling timing. I would replace the plugs if old (be sure to use the correct type), check coil wires for resistance and maybe even mist with water in the pitch dark to check for breaks in insulation . Could carefully unplug coil, and maybe a touch of silicone grease and replug. Bet it's something simple like a glazed or fouled plug.