Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security System Installation help??

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Romee08RKC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Security System Install??

To answer all of the above questions,

The security was an option. My dealer does not stock with all the options, actually, none of the "floor model" bikes had any additional options.

I am looking into adding the security. Basically, the security system from HD is 289.95.

I know that adding the security will basically pay for itself in insurance savings. Even if I have to pay for install. As stated, I can probably purchase this new for about 190.00. If I can install myself, cool, around a $150.00 savings from the factory.

The addition of the siren would be, while I am going through the work of installing the security, I might as well install the siren while I am at it.

Hope this clears up some of the questions??

H-D® Smart Security System

The H-D® Smart Security System offers automatic self-arming and hands-free disarming for vehicle electronic security functions. The Hands Free Fob communicates directly on its own unique and individualized frequency with the Hands Free Security Module and Antenna. Attach the Hands Free Fob to your vehicle ignition key ring. As you upright your vehicle or switch the ignition on, the Fob will communicate the Security System "disarm" command allowing you to start your vehicle. After riding your vehicle, park and switch the ignition off with your key. Within 5 seconds the Security System will automatically self-arm, disabling your vehicle starter, ignition and electronic fuel injection (EFI). The rider may also disarm the system by keying a previously entered personal code on the turn signal switches. A flashing status indicator informs the rider that the Smart Security System is armed or disarmed. This system allows configuration to include the Transport Mode or Extended Storage Mode.

68200-07

Fits '07-later Touring and Sportster® models. P/N 88115-03 Bank Angle Switch Kit (sold separately) and Smart Security System P/N 68200-07 are required for use on 2007-later FL Touring models equiped with a TLE/Ultra Sidecar.

MSRP US $289.95

Old 01-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Lord Albany
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get this: I was facing a 30+ day delay in my bike arriving from the factory. My dealer dropped the security system off the list of options and my bike arrived on time. Actually a couple days early. I know you say its an easy installation, but if that was the case, why did it make a 30-day difference in my getting from York to my garage??

Go figure.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:44 AM
sugarbear
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Lord Albany

Get this: I was facing a 30+ day delay in my bike arriving from the factory. My dealer dropped the security system off the list of options and my bike arrived on time. Actually a couple days early. I know you say its an easy installation, but if that was the case, why did it make a 30-day difference in my getting from York to my garage??

Go figure.
Your answer woud be HDIt took me 15 minutes to install mine

Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 PM
rags
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Security System Installation help??

I installed the smart siren and security system in my 2005 Ultra. The smart siren is a plug in deal and the security system was just replacing the TSM with a TSSM. Because the TSM was replaced with the TSSM password learning is necessary. That info is available in the Harley electrical diagnostic manual specific for your bike. Also you might look at www.hdtalking.com/diagnostics_alarms_security_and_fuel_injection_rel ated/2031-h_d_factory_security_system_install.html

Old 01-27-2008, 02:11 PM
papa_freeman
Tourer

Mine came with the security system (fob), but I bought the HD Smart Siren II with remote. Spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to install PER THE INSTRUCTION SHEET, which clearly stated to remove the RIGHT side panel, etc.

On '08s, it installs on the LEFT SIDE... nothing to it, just takes a little while to work it back and forth until it snaps into the bracket.

My only complaint so far is that the remote burns through batteries like crazy. Maybe will last one week, then $3.00 for a new one.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:18 PM
IBHarley
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you have a problem than mine has worked since September with the original batteries and I added the siren then batteries should be good for a least 1 year

Old 01-27-2008, 02:21 PM
sugarbear
Road Master

My battery has been in for almost a year with no problem