Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trade in '08 RKC for '08 Ultra? quit chucklin' and give me your 2 cents please...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 01:28 AM
jdtest
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: trade in '08 RKC for '08 Ultra? quit chucklin' and give me your 2 cents please...

go for it you only live once.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:24 AM
HogBack
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: trade in '08 RKC for '08 Ultra? quit chucklin' and give me your 2 cents please...

ORIGINAL: bigdaddy11311

Papa, I did it the other way around. I wanted an E Glide, wife did not like all the 'stuff', so I bought a RK Custom. I love it, but added all necessary to make my own RK "Ultra". i shopped carefully and took my time and managed to build a bike I can ride an love for years to come. Best thing for me is I can change out all my detachable stuff in 10 minutes and have virtually 3 different bikes. Ultra Tourer, Stripped Cruiser or Boulevard hopper. For us it is the best of both worlds. There are other options.

bigdaddy... You are on the leading edge of what a Harley is all about... You havegreat looking bike(s) with a great Ultra/Street/King, and you can choose what you need or want for the type of ride you will be taking. If more would do like you did, and that does not mean take the credit card to the Harley dealer, they would be very happy with the results.

Hogback

Old 01-31-2008, 06:38 AM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get a fairing and a tourpac. Then you'll have two bikes. Windshield on somedays with no tourpac and fairing and tourpac for trips. It will cost less than the beating your gonna take trading in.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:05 AM
mtbag
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I basically did exactly what your thinking about . I walked into the local Harley shop in May 07, fell in love with a 07 Low Rider, had all kind of dealer installed extras, Screaming Eagle pipes, lots of chrome, removable windshield, ect. ect.
After a month and a half and 4k miles riding two up. I took a ride on a friends EG classic.
Now I had a problem. Back to the dealer I go, struck up a deal on a 07 EG classic that wasn’t even assembled yet. Called my wife to come check it out during her lunch break, Jackpot ! she said go for it.
All said in done out the door I lost about $2k. I look at it as renting the Low Rider for a month and half.
No regrets, my wife and I love the Classic.
My 1.5% is good for the 5year period. I do know the interest can depend on your credit rating some what.
I paid the $3.5K difference of the actual cost of the two bikes, payment stayed the same.
I say go for and don’t look back

Old 01-31-2008, 07:11 AM
mtbag
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, one other thing, my wifes birthday was 3 days from the day I made the deal. The dealer pushed the assembley, had it ready and we picked it up on her birthday. Got me out of getting her any other presents..