Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trade in '08 RKC for '08 Ultra? quit chucklin' and give me your 2 cents please...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 01:50 PM
BRO
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: trade in '08 RKC for '08 Ultra? quit chucklin' and give me your 2 cents please...

I would put lowers, a tour pac, hum a lot and ride it and get my monies worth out of it. The hit your going to take is not worth it for any family to obsorb. Take your time and ride it and try to sell it as your go. All money is green, the loss you take today is a possible real down payment in the future.Between now and 25,000 miles really make for a low miliage bike, so you have time to try and better maneuver yourself out of the RK and into an Ultra. Summer is coming, bike salesshould get a bump and possibly move a little better than they are right now, which is another financial strategyto consider. In better times you can minimize your losses, if your willing to accept losses over and above the normal losses associated withbuying a motorcycle in the first place.

JMHO, BRO

Old 01-27-2008, 02:01 PM
jahays32
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: trade in '08 RKC for '08 Ultra? quit chucklin' and give me your 2 cents please...

Please let us know what the dealer offers you.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: papa_freeman

He didn't happen to say what they gave him for his trade???

Sorry no. I would guess around $14k if he took a $3500 loss.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

well, I love my Ultra,,, only way I'm gonna ride with mama!!!
the RKC is a sister of the ultra,,, what you could do, which many have, is look for a fairing for your bike,, lots of options,,, then thow on some soft lowers, or HD hard lower fairng
Might save ya alot of $$ in the long run,,, you decide
I agree! make your RKclassic into an Ultra. Will cost you less in the long run... although you would have to do the MATH(you guys know me...) 5% on the loan may go a long way on what you might lose on trade. You could do the RKUltra and add a big FAT seat with Tour Pak and be done!

Lewd

Old 01-27-2008, 05:12 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

life is only once, money comes and goes trade it in.....get what makes you happy....

Old 01-27-2008, 05:46 PM
monkish
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lord Albany

Joe, your wife's ride kicks major A$$.
Thanks, she loves it. And when my son was home over the holidays, they tag teamed me and said I had an old man's bike. I was going to pass mine on to him when he gets out of the Navy, but now he has to talk sweet to mama.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Lord Albany
Road Captain

Papa Freeman,

Don't know nothin' about Albany the city, but Albany the man is dead and probably a pile of ashes. Got the name during my college days from a stamp from an Australian pen pal. Where in CA are you? I'm in Monterey. Got my bike in Morgan Hill at House of Thunder. If you ever find your way there tell Sean (sales), Walt and Andrew (both service) that Subes referred you. They are always great for learning something new or just shootin' the breeze.

I got my tour pak from H-D. Saved 10% since I bought it with my bike during the off-season. Got most of my stuff from eBay, though.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Lord Albany
Road Captain

Monkish,

Thanks. I'm glad she likes it. If you guys are ever in Monterey, CA, drop me a line and we can ride.

Got this picture from a college classmate. Plastered over 60 copies of it all over the buildings at work during Army-Navy week. Pissed a LOT of squids off. You're son should like it.

Ciao.

[IMG]local://upfiles/50364/2E3C506A1E204C3BB79BEB2DF5BD907D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-27-2008, 09:26 PM
uweldit
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you taken a long trip yet on the RKC? Financially you are going to get slammed trading in the RKC for the Ultra.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:36 PM
izzi
Road Master

i kinda did the same thing. i'd rather eat crow and wash it down with a few t-bills to get what i want. they gave me extra t-shirts.to soak up the blood.

Quick Reply: trade in '08 RKC for '08 Ultra? quit chucklin' and give me your 2 cents please...