Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Numbers Down

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008 | 09:57 AM
ninetyfivebravo
|
Advanced
Default HD Numbers Down

Just read the numbers for the last quarter of 2007 for HD.

- Profits down 26.3%
- US sales down 14.2%

This may be the time tolook and negotiate a very favorable deal. With these numbers the buyer is in the drivers' seat. I'm pretty sure that HD will be coming out with factory rebates and incentives just like the big auto manufacturers. Good luck.

Old 01-26-2008 | 10:05 AM
thall
Road Master
Default RE: HD Numbers Down

YA but a person might want to wait a month or 2 for allthat numbers crap to roll down to the dealers youwould think

Old 01-26-2008 | 10:09 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member

Wait til June to buy!
You can apply your $600 dollar tax rebate to the down payment!
HA!

Old 01-26-2008 | 10:22 AM
sagalong
Advanced

I hope the dealers start responding the the new economic pressures for the good of the company. I have been looking to replace my current ride with a touring model for the last year. I have the cash and am willing to let it go. I have shopped the touring bikes at 4 dealers within 200 miles and after the "your my best friend and let me welcome you into the family stage", I very kindly suggest that I feel uncomfortable paying more than msrp out the door. It's like I vanished from the earth (deer fixed in the headlights), no lets talk or call backs. They all say they cann't "eat" there prep., ect., ect,. WTF? I'm not giving up, but I needed to vent. Vent over.

Old 01-26-2008 | 10:45 AM
adlerx
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: sagalong

I hope the dealers start responding the the new economic pressures for the good of the company. I have been looking to replace my current ride with a touring model for the last year. I have the cash and am willing to let it go. I have shopped the touring bikes at 4 dealers within 200 miles and after the "your my best friend and let me welcome you into the family stage", I very kindly suggest that I feel uncomfortable paying more than msrp out the door. It's like I vanished from the earth (deer fixed in the headlights), no lets talk or call backs. They all say they cann't "eat" there prep., ect., ect,. WTF? I'm not giving up, but I needed to vent. Vent over.
What state are you in? This time of year I would think they'd be happy to move a bike at msrp. Keep looking!

Old 01-26-2008 | 10:48 AM
MustBBrent
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: adlerx

What state are you in? This time of year I would think they'd be happy to move a bike at msrp. Keep looking!
Got mine for under MSRP. There are some good deals to be had, you just have to shop for them.

Old 01-26-2008 | 10:54 AM
T Prescott
Tourer

Hold your ground, I don't think we've seen anything yet. I'm holding out because I have to sell 3 bikes to get my bagger. The used market just plain sucks, unless your given them away. Is now a good time of year? Yes butI'll be paying cash and maybe I'll get to see the stealer'sdeal, like the good ol' days.

Old 01-26-2008 | 12:09 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

It's a buyers market! I'd hold off until spring. I have a feeling the Motor Company will offer incentives to help dealers move bikes. Many still have '07 models.

Old 01-26-2008 | 12:17 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Geoff

It's a buyers market! I'd hold off until spring. I have a feeling the Motor Company will offer incentives to help dealers move bikes. Many still have '07 models.
....totally AGREE!...my local dealer is "Monty's" in W. Bridgewater MA...and they still have signs plastered on the front windows that say.."07's IN STOCK"...I don't know which ones because I avoid that dealership like the Plague, and wouldn't buy a new bike from them if a gun was pointed at my head....but it's definately gonna get worse in the next year for HD...I can see rebates, o%, gift cards...etc...etc.....wait at least 6 months-1 year if ya already have a bike, to buy new...

Old 01-26-2008 | 02:31 PM
JohnB445
Tourer

Well I just ordered, and I have to say, I was shocked at the
low key effort at the dealers I went to. The one nearest me.
I stopped in last year. Introduced my self, at that time no
08s were available. I went back in Dec, gave the salesman
what I wanted. I left my name address and phone so he
knew I was a serious buyer. LOL never got a price, so I
called and emailed him. Told him he did not have to put
it in writing, just tell me and we will make a deal. I still have
not heard from him. Dealer 2 same thing. They were better after
3 1/2 weeks someone called me. Third dealer I called, was on
the ball. Got back to me the next day, with what was close
to what I wanted, and a rough price. I went in the next day
and ordered. I was not looking for the el cheapo cheapest price.
I wanted a fair price from a dealer with a good rep. I got it.

I have always worked in construction, home improvement field.
If you give your name to one of those salesman or a realtor. You will
need a stick to beat them off, you won't have to call them 2 or 3 times.

I think some of the sales people are still in the old days, of more
customers than bikes to sell. If that is the case they are in for a
rude awakening.

My friend just bought a new Yamaha. I looked at Stratoliners at
2 dealers. There was a big difference. The Yamaha dealers were both
agressive and sales oriented. I don't know about HD dealers in other areas.
But if they are anything like the ones in my area. That could be part of
the problem

Quick Reply: HD Numbers Down