Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shutting rear cylinder off on 08 Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008 | 07:51 AM
ezgo
|
Advanced
Default Shutting rear cylinder off on 08 Road Glide

My service tech showed me how to turn fuel off on rear cyclinder in hot weather/traffic, you put the cruise on then roll the trottle below idle and a light comes on confirming. cool huh! my 07 had to be remapped , which harley paid for.

Old 01-26-2008 | 09:32 AM
TampaJim
Road Master
Default RE: Shutting rear cylinder off on 08 Road Glide

I had the remap thing done but they didn't say anything about messing with the cruse control.

You can feel it when the rear cylinder kicks off but it seems to vibrate less--opposite from what I would have expected.

Old 01-26-2008 | 09:55 AM
notlost_nc
Road Master

You can shut the fuel off to both cylinders by using the "off" switch

Old 01-26-2008 | 09:57 AM
texas steve
Tourer

ORIGINAL: ezgo

My service tech showed me how to turn fuel off on rear cyclinder in hot weather/traffic, you put the cruise on then roll the trottle below idle and a light comes on confirming. cool huh! my 07 had to be remapped , which harley paid for.
So how do you turn it back on?

Old 01-26-2008 | 10:56 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

you're referring to the EITMS that can be enabled or disabled by the rider on 08 bikes that are built after december 3 07. previous to that, it had to be enabled/disabled by the shop. one time on, one time off, under warranty. after that, your dime.

Old 01-26-2008 | 11:26 AM
Jager
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: texas steve

So how do you turn it back on?
Once enabled, it's all automatic. The rear cylinder only shuts down above a certain heat threshold, and only while at idle. If you roll on the throttle - as, for instance, to move forward from a stop light, the rear cylinder immediately re-engages.

Old 01-26-2008 | 11:44 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

I'm sure glad I have an '05.

Old 01-26-2008 | 02:43 PM
ezgo
|
Advanced

You turn the cyclinder back on by doing the same process,this is a good thing , I remember having to junp off my 02 Ultra in traffic because the heat from the rear cyclinder was burning my left thigh. My 07 on the ride out to Sturges ran fine no burn and the temp's were over 100 degrees at times.

Old 06-18-2008 | 09:36 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member

Ok, I am really confused... I think that with the 08 Touring bikes the rider can turn off & on the heat management by rolling the throttle forward. When it engages the cruise control indicator light comes on briefly to show it is on. You can also turn it off. Mine does not work either because it is manufactured before December 3rd 2007 or the SERT overwrote the feature. I have page 1 of 3 of the service bulletin # M-1213A. Unfortunately I don't have pages 2 & 3. I asked the dealer to re-flash the ECM so I can use this feature. He said OK but a lot of people don't like it when it engages and some of them are bring their bikes back to have it turned off. I think the dealer is confusing 2 different things because if someone did not like it they could just turn it off by rolling the throttle forward.
Anybody shed any light on this.

Old 06-18-2008 | 09:54 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member

I have a 2008 UC.&nbsp\\; On mine, I set it to ignition, flip the switch to run (don't start the bike though), roll the throttle back past the stop, hold it for 3 seconds, and the cruise control light flashes green.&nbsp\\; To disable do the same sequence, and the cruise control light flashes red.&nbsp\\; I got stuck in stop-and-go traffic with air temp over 90 for nearly 30 minutes...it did make a big difference in the heat felt on the legs (that, and the heat deflectors I installed probably helped with that as well).

Quick Reply: Shutting rear cylinder off on 08 Road Glide