Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakin passinger adjustable foot pegs

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 12:21 AM
zippo2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakin passinger adjustable foot pegs

Hey, is anyone using the Kuryakin passinger adjustable foot pegs that attached to the passinger footboard bracket and using the D & D fatcat system. Just wondering if there is any clearance issues between the top of the exhaust system and the bottom of where the Kuryakin bracket fits on. Hope that makes sense. Thanks, for any help on this.

Mike

Old 01-26-2008, 12:34 AM
buttman
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Kuryakin passinger adjustable foot pegs

I had to move my passenger boards to the top hole positions for clearence with the FarCats.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:07 AM
chappy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my ultra. My wife likes them because of the changable options. They work great for those that have shorter legs as well. Here's a pic with mywife enjoying the adjustable option.
chappy

ORIGINAL: zippo2

Hey, is anyone using the Kuryakin passinger adjustable foot pegs that attached to the passinger footboard bracket and using the D & D fatcat system. Just wondering if there is any clearance issues between the top of the exhaust system and the bottom of where the Kuryakin bracket fits on. Hope that makes sense. Thanks, for any help on this.

Mike

Old 01-26-2008, 09:35 AM
bigirn
Tourer

i have these pegs on my street glide and the wife loves em. bought the fat cat and was wondering about this myself. had noticed the upper mounting holes for the pegs no my mind is at ease nowing this.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Mr_Bill
Tourer

Ihope you can make it work. My wife loves them on the Ultra, read short legs!
Good Luck,
Mr_Bill

Old 01-26-2008, 03:59 PM
jarman
Cruiser

Hey guys, I made a slight adjustment to mine and the wife really liked it even better than before. With the pegs in the most forward position they stopped a little short of whatI call "lazyboy" so I ground down the side of theextension that rests against the black spacer. I shined it with a drimble tool and sprayed a little clear coat on it to prevent rust.It moved my wifes feet down and more forward. Only thing is, they have to get their feet off at a dead stop but the pegs themselves aren't in the way unless you're a foot dragger.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:03 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain

Seems like with my supermegg I had to replace one of the bolts for something with a thinner head I am running in the middle floorbord mount holes

Old 01-26-2008, 04:15 PM
wing_rdr
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed a set on my UC so I could take my 8 year old son on the bike. My wife likes them as well as it gives her several options as to where her feet can go. The only issue I had was that I lost the right hand peg complete with the floorboard due toa broken bolt. They are out there somewhere between home and where I've been. I have no idea why the bolt sheared off when it did as I torqued it as per HD specs. It was expensive replacing the parts as you have to buy the pegsin pairs and the HD passenger floorboard is not a cheap part. As a precaution I have plastic cable ties on both floorboard mounts. The pegs are not cheap but they workwell and theylook ok on the bike.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:39 AM
zippo2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for everyones response, if I move it to the top hole, I hope my long legged wife won't be to cramped. She loves the Kuryakyn adjustable pegs. I've got to make sure the hole system works. I'll let ya know how it all works out.

Mike

Old 01-30-2008, 02:38 AM
BRO
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had them on my Ultra and they kept getting in the way. I replaced them with the HD extention top hole out and up I think 1 or 2 inches and my wife if happy. I thought they were heavy and got in the way. I thought the quality was fine, no complaints there.

Quick Reply: Kuryakin passinger adjustable foot pegs