Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Final Assembly Tips Wanted!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008 | 11:44 AM
gunnert
|
Road Captain
Default RE: Final Assembly Tips Wanted!

So far, the frame fitment has been superb. Had to modify for the coil bracket and other small adjustments. I'm "sweating" the rear wheel alignment; clearance in the fender is going to be VERY close. The rear fender was made by Klock Werks. Had stock fender widened, license plate framed into the fender, and RWD LED tail light. The only big problem caused by the frame is fitting a seat.

Old 01-26-2008 | 11:57 AM
Wopster
Intermediate

any laser beam light will help u line up...... zip-lock one on frame or swing arm and measure off that point. gl...

Old 01-30-2008 | 07:39 AM
gunnert
|
Road Captain

Couple of glitches. With motor installed, motor/trans "appear" to be pointing down when aligned with the bottom of the frame. I was pulling my hair out until I realized the new swingarm bushings are offset to compensate for weight (no weight has been on bike yet). The busings are designed to shift (lower).
Transmission had to go back to Baker, they didn'tbuild itwith a 1/2" extended mainshaft. Also, I got one of the prototype 5 quart oil pans, but found out is won't fit a new S&S motor. When I got the transmission back, the pressed on bearing (bushing) wasn't seated far enough. Luckily I had tools to seat it.
And, when you order a Hayden M6 chain tensioner, you'll use some of your old parts. ...back to the shop...again...and again....and again....
Otherwise, the most difficult task has been installing the larger Odyessey battery in the compact compartment! What a pain in the a__! If I can get the nickle/dime parts from HD may be ready to fire up this weekend.