Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Lic. plate mount

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Velobob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Lic. plate mount

I'm looking to hide or improve the look of the license plate mount on my 08 Ultra. A normal moco frame doesn't hide the tour pack mounting piece and most have HD or other text on the top portion of the frame which is all but unreadable unless you are looking for it.
My question to all of you is...what have you done to make this area look better?

Thanks,
Velobob

Old 01-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Badfinger
Road Master
Default RE: Ultra Lic. plate mount

Hmmm I got to admit that's one area that hasn't bothered me yet

Ride well,

Jim

Old 01-25-2008, 12:35 AM
pop1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Velobob

I'm looking to hide or improve the look of the license plate mount on my 08 Ultra. A normal moco frame doesn't hide the tour pack mounting piece and most have HD or other text on the top portion of the frame which is all but unreadable unless you are looking for it.
My question to all of you is...what have you done to make this area look better?

Thanks,
Velobob
I agree it does look kinda cheap and there doesn't seem to be as many options as say the softails with laydowns or vertical mounts. I do like the look of the street with the curved frame those look bada$$ but again the mount is different and located on the lower rear fender. I'm interested if anyone has any ideas.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:56 AM
tjmac49
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, I have never given it any thought; I have yet to see a mod of it. Someone here will surely have done something to alter the look.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:03 AM
texaspirate
Road Captain

I have looked everywhere for some form of mounting from the stock location under the tour pack. If someone does hear of something that will pull it out from under the tour pack for a cleaner look, I will appreciate the direction.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:38 PM
mllkn6
Tourer

I know exactly what you mean, I just can't find anything on the market that seems to fit what I'm looking for. One problem maybe I don't know what I'm looking for either. It's like there are only straight up or laid back styles, everything else is the curved ones for choppers which will not fit a bagger with the saddlebags. Have seen one with it mounted on one saddlebag rails, looked different.
I know with all the super wrenches on this forum, if they all got their heads together they would come up with something really great. This forum has some of the best mechanically minded people on it I've ever known anywhere, if they would all move to South Carolina in the Greenville area I could stop working on my own bike, have them do it and never have to worry about it again. Don't forget they need to work really cheap too like half what the stealer's charge.As long as I'm wishing might as well wish big, right.
Someone has to have something else I just haven't found it.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:58 PM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't have an Ultra but, if you had a 2 into 1 you could tuck it up under the bag like I did??

Old 01-25-2008, 03:29 PM
tjmac49
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Creepshow:

I like that "clean" look! Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:37 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts

Put the streetglide rear bar mount on that puts the plate down on the fender. Or just buy the plate mount separately from the kit

60089-05
BRACKET, LICENSE PLATE, TOP

60090-05
BRACKET, LICENSE PLATE, BOTTOM

Then have two braces fabricated and either powdercoated or chromed to replace the license bracket because it is also there to support the tour pak.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13641/4EBC1E4FCFA3422991C0F80C62FF84C5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-25-2008, 03:43 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Don't know what state you live in but isn't there a requirement for the plate to be illuminated at night?

Quick Reply: Ultra Lic. plate mount