Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carhartt Coveralls for Winter Riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 11:21 PM
singlepin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Carhartt Coveralls for Winter Riding

hey mllkn6, bagga is right. It does mean 30 degrees below 0. Last night we had a wind-chill of minus 26. Up here in the North country that means; the temp feels the same as 26 below zero because of the wind.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:00 AM
mchildree
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mdecamps

...My only complaint is that they have a wide leg, so wind tends to go up your leg from the bottom. Other than that, they are great! Somewhat water resistant too.....
Same problem with my Walls Blizzard Pruf coveralls, plus the wide legs wanted to flap and occasionally brush against my pipes. My wife bought a snaps kit at Wal-Mart, and we just put 3 or 4 snaps up the side of each leg to tighten up the legs. Worked great, but when you get off the bike, you look like you're wearing equestrian riding pants.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:02 AM
binkman78
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: mchildree

ORIGINAL: mdecamps

...My only complaint is that they have a wide leg, so wind tends to go up your leg from the bottom. Other than that, they are great! Somewhat water resistant too.....
Same problem with my Walls Blizzard Pruf coveralls, plus the wide legs wanted to flap and occasionally brush against my pipes. My wife bought a snaps kit at Wal-Mart, and we just put 3 or 4 snaps up the side of each leg to tighten up the legs. Worked great, but when you get off the bike, you look like you're wearing equestrian riding pants.

Ditto the Walls - Black for the bike, camo for the Elk huntin'

Old 01-26-2008, 09:47 AM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dress in layers according to how cold and how long.

Don't laugh and I know you will. Panty hose to start if really cold and a long ride.
But always a minimum for me if 30 degrees and lower
longjohns, blue jeans, chaps, and carhart bibs. Chaps and caharts block the wind and keep body warmth in.

Top: t shirt, long johns (if really cold), long sleeve shirt (flannel or sweat), a zippered hood sweat shirt (under the bibs), then a levi Jacket (over the bibs), my vest.

Hat ( will take a pic of it), Neck warmer.
Sometimes a stocking cap instead of the hat.
Good ski gloves, or longer and colder, silk glove liners and mittens. Sometimes a wool glove liner.