Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C Seat 2008 would not fit.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008 | 06:54 PM
CigarCritic
|
Road Master
Default C&C Seat 2008 would not fit.

My C&C Sports Tour arrived today but would not fit my 2008 SG. The first problem I noticed wasthat I could slip my fingers up to the first knuckle under the seat whereit meets the tank.The problem is the poorly designed seatbase as it bends when you sit on it.I'mpissed that I shelled out $400 plusand at the same time disappointed that I can't use it. At first I thought that maybe it was the PCIII under the seat that was causing the issue so I removed it. Then it looked like the ECM was the issue so I removed that. After waisting well over an hour of my time trying to fudge it in, I gave up.

Itwas the nicest seat I've ever laid eyes on and the back support was awesome, but it's worthless if it does not fit.Even after Ihad the seat mounted, it squeak and waddle around. When I sat on the seat, I could bend the base and pull the seat off the front mount. C&C issupposed to be issuing a waybill for it's return and my money back.

That's it for me, I'm going to use a local seat buildernext time out.

Old 01-23-2008 | 06:55 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: C&C Seat 2008 would not fit.

give em a call ,, find out whats up, fill us in!
hope ya get it RIGHT!!

Old 01-23-2008 | 06:59 PM
CigarCritic
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

hope ya get it RIGHT!!
Chuck said they have only done eight or so 2008 bikes. ThatIS the problem.

Old 01-23-2008 | 07:02 PM
jdag
Tourer

I hear great things about C&C...they'll get it right.

Old 01-23-2008 | 07:04 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

hmmm.... sucks being the first in line sometimes!

Old 01-23-2008 | 07:04 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: CigarCritic

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

hope ya get it RIGHT!!
Chuck said they have only done eight or so 2008 bikes. That's the problem.
But...... Chuck stands behind his product 100%. Didn't work for you but it sounds like he is making it right and I'm sure he will.

The seat and pillion he sold me for my '06 fit like a dream. '08 set up must bedifferent.

Primo

Old 01-23-2008 | 08:42 PM
SGLarry
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: CigarCritic

My C&C Sports Tour arrived today but would not fit my 2008 SG. The first problem I noticed wasthat I could slip my fingers up to the first knuckle under the seat whereit meets the tank.The problem is the poorly designed seatbase as it bends when you sit on it.I'mpissed that I shelled out $400 plusand at the same time disappointed that I can't use it. At first I thought that maybe it was the PCIII under the seat that was causing the issue so I removed it. Then it looked like the ECM was the issue so I removed that. After waisting well over an hour of my time trying to fudge it in, I gave up.

Itwas the nicest seat I've ever laid eyes on and the back support was awesome, but it's worthless if it does not fit.Even after Ihad the seat mounted, it squeak and waddle around. When I sat on the seat, I could bend the base and pull the seat off the front mount. C&C issupposed to be issuing a waybill for it's return and my money back.

That's it for me, I'm going to use a local seat buildernext time out.
That sucks, but Chuck is a good dude and he'll do what he has to do tomake it right.

Larry

Old 01-23-2008 | 09:10 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

I must be one of the 8 with my Fastback C&C on my 08 SGand I've never had a seat that fit as good as mine does, including Mustangs, Corbins, HD's.

Old 01-23-2008 | 09:21 PM
jr_c6
Road Captain

Mine was the first 08 Ultra seat they had done. It initially didn't fit perfectly, but I Dremmeled the front tab about 1/2 inch and it now fits fine - very tight, but it fits.

Old 01-23-2008 | 10:05 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

Looking at Corbin and Mustang Solos for my bike. Just wondering why you chose C&C over those in the first place? I do not see 08 info on the C&C web site??

Quick Reply: C&C Seat 2008 would not fit.