Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C Seat 2008 would not fit.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008 | 09:13 AM
CigarCritic
|
Road Master
Default RE: C&C Seat 2008 would not fit.

ORIGINAL: bikerbehaviorist
Just wondering why you chose C&C over those in the first place? I do not see 08 info on the C&C web site??
Anyone with half a brain could have figured out that you have to call toplace an order and the first question is, what year and model is your bike. Anymore questions?

Old 01-24-2008 | 09:17 AM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

ORIGINAL: CigarCritic

Just wondering why you chose C&C over those in the first place? I do not see 08 info on the C&C web site??
Anyone with half a brain could have figured out that you have to call toplace an order and the first question is, what year and model is your bike. Anymore questions?
Scuse Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you had half a brain you could look down at my picture and see my bike!!!!!!!!!!!
Just asking a friendly question because I am considering buying a solo seat and had heard of C&C and did not see the 08 seats - take a pill and relax. Or better yet take one of the cigars you - oh never mind

Old 01-24-2008 | 10:21 AM
rome304
Road Warrior

c&c is a small 2or 3 man shop when i went there they even had to send out for embroidery may take time for the o8' seats had no problem with my 07'-solo seat good luck on that.

Old 01-24-2008 | 11:06 AM
diggitydogg
Cruiser

I've also requested a refund for a Fastback that I received from Chuck for my 2008 FLHX. The notch on the seat pan is a bit crude, and as a result the tab doesn't sit firmly inside the notch, resulting in a loose fit. I thought I was just being picky — it's only a slight wiggle, and the gap only appears when you're sitting on it — but seeing Cigar's post it seems that there may be an issue with the setup C&C has engineered for the 2008s. The rest of the seat is magnificent, better than I could have hoped. But the underside of the seat doesn't match the quality. The Harley seat pan has what appears to be a laser-cut opening for the metal tab that extends from the tank. The C&C seat pan has a very rough and imprecise hole that . . . let's just say it lacks the precision of the rest of the seat. By comparison, my Corbin Hollywood Solo fits like a glove.

I had put the seat on eBay, figuring that I'm just pickier than the next guy, but if there's a problem with these seats then I don't feel comfortable selling it to an unsuspecting buyer. I've ended the auction and requested a full refund.

Chuck gets a lot of props on this forum — that's why I ordered from him. During the ordering process he was a perfect gentleman, and was very, very helpful as I designed a custom pattern with faux ostrich inserts. He sent lots of pictures and promptly returned calls.

I'm just hoping he doesn't let me down, or anyone else.

Old 01-24-2008 | 11:50 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

Little tense are we?

Old 01-24-2008 | 12:00 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: rocknrod

Little tense are we?
Yeah I felt for him for a sec... but now I think it's just Carma. Not the actual seat....

lp

Old 01-24-2008 | 12:57 PM
diggitydogg
Cruiser

E-mailed Chuck. He's a stand-up guy. Offered to have the seat re-checked by his local HD dealer or refund my money, my choice. Can't complain about that.

Old 01-24-2008 | 02:24 PM
CigarCritic
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: diggitydogg

I've also requested a refund for a Fastback that I received from Chuck for my 2008 FLHX. The notch on the seat pan is a bit crude, and as a result the tab doesn't sit firmly inside the notch, resulting in a loose fit. I thought I was just being picky — it's only a slight wiggle, and the gap only appears when you're sitting on it — but seeing Cigar's post it seems that there may be an issue with the setup C&C has engineered for the 2008s. The rest of the seat is magnificent, better than I could have hoped. But the underside of the seat doesn't match the quality. The Harley seat pan has what appears to be a laser-cut opening for the metal tab that extends from the tank. The C&C seat pan has a very rough and imprecise hole that . . . let's just say it lacks the precision of the rest of the seat. By comparison, my Corbin Hollywood Solo fits like a glove.
I'm extremely picky but this seat's fit was just awful. In addition,it is unsafe. I do not appreciate a business taking my $400~ and in return sends me a product that was poorly designed. And I could care less how nice someone is to deal with on the phone as I'm paying for a quality product andthat is what I should have received.

See attachment of the fit of this seat. This is the gap installed.

[IMG]local://upfiles/49160/856E9A8C8E344B5FBC556033E44B54CE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-24-2008 | 02:32 PM
CigarCritic
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: lp
Yeah I felt for him for a sec... but now I think it's just Carma. Not the actual seat....
Hey D.S., Karma is spelled with a "K". <slaps_head>

Old 01-24-2008 | 02:53 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

Wow......We've all made bad purchases and or had unsatifactory transactions, but...... Wow.
We are all on here for the same reason; to help and get help, meet fellow harley riders and have a place to chat about them. I wouldn't chew my wifes *** out if the paperboy threw my paper all over the yard. "Deep Breath"....Ahhhhhhhhh. Then login to the forum.

Quick Reply: C&C Seat 2008 would not fit.