Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Streetglide amp: Kudo's to Pez

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 06:17 PM
ltdan
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Streetglide amp: Kudo's to Pez

Getting my 07 Streetglide ready for Bike Week. Been to Biketoberfest several years in a row, never made the big show cause you can't ride there from Ohio at the end of February. Never trailered... till now. Gonna have to but back to the reason for the post:

I had replaced the factory speakers with JM's. The sounded a LOT better, but I was still looking for more. Was checking on Hog Tunes for an amp, it looked like there were setups to convert to 4 speakers, but I don't have a tour pack or plan on adding back speakers.

Shot Hog Tunes an email asking if I can get the Ultrasound, just use the supplied 4ohm speakers and amp. I got an immediate response, instead of just saying yes and cashing my check, he said he would set me up an amp to run withmy existing2 ohm units or send me an amp and new Hog Tunes 4 ohm speakers for a few bucks more, but still less than the Ultrasound setup would have cost. He even made sure I understood the amp would 1. improve bass 2. improve clarity and lastly 3. increase volume, in that order.

I haven't got the gear yet, can't comment on the soundbut that is some da&m fine customer service.

Thanks Pez, well done.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:28 AM
jjsanta
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Streetglide amp: Kudo's to Pez

Pez did the same deal for me last year and I can vouch for all three of those things being true! Great setup and a reasonable proce!

Old 01-24-2008, 08:42 AM
texas steve
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So does his amp piggy back on the output of your HD radio?
Did you go for keeping your current speakers with 2 ohm set up?

Old 01-24-2008, 08:43 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

tuff install?

Old 01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
ltdan
Cruiser

The amp does use the outputs of the HK radio in the bike (factory). It is plug and play, no splicing or dicing.

I hed even told Pez I had J&M speakers when he offered to set the amp up to run them, they are 2 ohm. The amps normally run 4 Ohm Hogtunes speakers. I ordered speakers too, that way it is all one vendors equipment so if a problem arises with either the speakers or the amp there is no fingerpointing.

I read the install instructions on the Hog Tunes web site in PDF, looks really easy.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:36 PM
RonH
Road Captain

It is easy - I just installed the amp on mine when I added the speaker kit in the lowers. The only semi difficult part is snaking the wiring harness under the tank. The fuse part is pretty big so I took the fuse out and cut the cap portion off which helped me get it through. Then just zip tied it back together on the other side. Other than that just follow the step by step "unplug this, plug in that" and before you know it you're done.