Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re: Mod. Stock seat vs Mod. Sundowner?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Captain Rumbelly
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mod. Stock seat vs Mod. Sundowner?

I have an '07 Road King Classic and Allen at Mean City Cycles seemed to think that he could make the stock seat a lot more comfortable. I mentioned that I had read where a lot of you first bought the Sundowner seat and then sent it to Allen for modifications. I don't mind the looks of the stock seat (and have no trouble reaching the ground flat footed) but need something that will make my phat a** more comfortable for the longer rides. Allen told me he could also make the passenger pillon about 1 1/2 to 2" wider which I'm sure my OL will appreciate too. Any thoughts??
Thanks!
John

Old 01-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Scootr
Road Master
Default RE: Re: Mod. Stock seat vs Mod. Sundowner?

I like my sundowner and may have Allen rework it to make it even better. I have heard nothing but great things about Allan so I would take his opinion as valuable. My OL hated the narrow passenger seat on the SG and really likes the added pad and width on the sundowner. .02

Old 01-24-2008, 12:34 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I am wanting a solo seat, for when I ride alone, but want Allen to mod my stock seat. I love the look of the rk custom stock seat, so that is a plus... I was going to get it done this winter, but just don't have the money... I would mod the stock seat, and buy a solo... for when the OL isn't with ya... my $0.02.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:43 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The OEM seat on the RKC are junk way to narrow for the other half to spend any time on... Went with the SUNDOWNER and she was very happy with the ride on comfort.. I like the seat as it set me back and down... Spent many happy miles with the Sundowner on the RKC

Old 01-24-2008, 06:06 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 854 Likes on 644 Posts

passenger seat is about 6 inches on stock, about 12 inches with sundowner...

Old 01-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Captain Rumbelly
Cruiser

Thanks for the feed back guys. My stock passenger seat is 9" wide and Allen at MCC says he can add 2" to the width of the passenger seat (with double foam on top) and shape the rider seat to be very near the Sundowner "bucket" and still be comfortable for 2 hours (without me feeling gang raped). The Sundowner also retails for $325 (and a lot of guys still end up spending more to get it modified to make it more comfortable, which only adds even more to the cost of the Sundowner). Think I will try modifying the stock seat and hope for the best.
Thanks again!