Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hats off to the Fairfax County Motorcycle Cop

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Rodman813
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hats off to the Fairfax County Motorcycle Cop

Was riding on the Beltway this week in the Washington DC area, and saw a Fairfax Co. Motorcycle Policeman.....IT WS COLD AS CRAP!!! about 17 degrees I think...BUT HE WAS RIDING.....

of course I was nice and toasty in my car. But, my hat is off for that/those guys who serve, and love to ride!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 12:08 PM
gene01
Road Captain
Default RE: Hats off to the Fairfax County Motorcycle Cop

I assume they were out of cars, he is crazy or it was a dare to ride at that temperature, I rode about 4 miles in Kansas City this past weekend at 11 degrees below zero..... damn.... too cold for a Californian.... thought i was going to die, I was ragging on a friend who had his Harley in the garage, said why aren't you riding, he said it was too cold, I called him a p_ssy, he said you ride, then I will..... I had to go for a ride... will not call anyone a p_ssy again for not riding year round.... I have a new respect for COLD

Old 01-23-2008, 12:21 PM
ironhead3fan
Road Master

I know my bro-in-law, who still works for the US Federal Park Police, was required to ride his motor all year long. They put on a sidecar for the winter months to account for the possible slick road conditions. I know he wore a lot of wool to include a wool lap blanket. I know his mustache was frozen every night in the winter when he got home. Riding a bike for a living would be great, but I don't think I would want to brave the cold everyday!

Old 01-23-2008, 12:30 PM
gene01
Road Captain

well, if he did that every day, he is bad ***..... that is dedication to the end.....I would be impressed

Old 01-23-2008, 12:49 PM
ropd0184
Cruiser

Im an leo in texas.......in a car...It was 28 degress last night...and I was COOOLD...cant imagine being on a motor all shift. hats off to em...wish i could do it..if we had a motor I would do it...but we dont...not yet!

Old 01-23-2008, 01:01 PM
maxum96
Cruiser

I'm a LEO here in Northern Colorado. Our motor guys get a bike and car assigned to each of them. It's their option whether they want to ride or drive. But in the warmer weather they only use their cars when it's raining. 31 degrees here today and I'm going to go for a ride, albeit a short ride!

Old 01-23-2008, 01:41 PM
onthedish1
Tourer

The Fairfax County Motor Squad members have heated clothing to plug in and stay warm, they're not stupid afterall, brave yes, not stupid.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Rodman813
Road Captain

Who said anything about them being stupid, except you?????? "READ" THE POST MY FRIEND!!!!!! "READ"!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 03:12 PM
powdercoater
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: onthedish1

The Fairfax County Motor Squad members have heated clothing to plug in and stay warm, they're not stupid afterall, brave yes, not stupid.
I don't think he was calling you out Rodman, just making a statement.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:41 PM
hotpursuit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ironhead3fan

I know my bro-in-law, who still works for the US Federal Park Police, was required to ride his motor all year long. They put on a sidecar for the winter months to account for the possible slick road conditions. I know he wore a lot of wool to include a wool lap blanket. I know his mustache was frozen every night in the winter when he got home. Riding a bike for a living would be great, but I don't think I would want to brave the cold everyday!

yeap... bid a bike, ride a bike! rode all year here in pittsburgh, dress warm and run a sidecar during snow months, loved every cold minute of it

Quick Reply: Hats off to the Fairfax County Motorcycle Cop