Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spotlight Connector Problem - ARRGGHH

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:35 PM
IamZardoz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spotlight Connector Problem - ARRGGHH

Ive searched and couldnt find anything on this so Ill just ask: Im replacing the spotlights on my 07 FLHT with amber sealed beams from J&P. Right size but I understand the connectors are different. On the new sealed beams they are the screw type and I understand on my bike there is some sort of female plug that goes to the present setup. (Im sure somebody has been down this road before.) Is there an easy way to remove that female plugso I can screw the blades on the new sealed beam?Any advice appreciate, Im an idiot at electrical ****. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:47 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: Replacing Spotlights - Connector Issue

No big deal. Just get a couple of crimp on ring connectors and put them on your bike. If you are using 35 watt bulbs, you are not going to overload anything. The sealed beams that came in earlier bikes are 35 watts.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:22 PM
IamZardoz
Tourer

Just spent an hour trying to remove the existing connector on the spotlights with no luck. All I did was gouge the plastic connector. I know I can cut the wires and put on crimped on spade connectors but Id like to slide the ones that are already on it out of the existing plastic connector in case I ever want to go back to clear spots. I looked at the drawing in the DIY section and the connector is similar to the top one but I tried depressing that tang lots of times with no luck.Is there a better drawing someplace of that connector and how to remove the wires?Anybody got a pic of the thing with an arrow pointing to what needs to be depressed or whatever to slide that damn thing out? This is why Im not an electrician. ARRGGHH.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:31 PM
IamZardoz
Tourer

Well, Ive learned its called a "packard connector" but thats it. Anybody?