Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quieter 2 into 1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:01 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: quieter 2 into 1 ?

The Fatcat 2-1 with quiet baffle is more quiet then most, but still loud enough to attract attention. I cruise the highway every day on my commute to work in the summer, and I can still hear my radio and everything around just fine.

Steve
Steve, I know you're the guy to ask. How does the sound volume of the D&D compare to a set fo Rinehart True Duals?

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:29 AM
rocksandgiz
Road Captain

Man, I gotta say, I've enjoyed this post. I was gonna ask about RB Racing in a seperate post but decided to comment on this post. I had heard of some people not satisfied with them and this confirms it, THANKS. I would love ot get a FAT CAT but am afraid it will bother my ears. I need to hear one with the quiet baffle to decide for myself. My ears are very sensitive. I Can't quite seem to get over the looks of the end caps on the super trapp 2-1. Is the Fat Cat with quiet baffle much louder than the V&H pro pipe BP 2-1?

Old 01-21-2008 | 07:36 AM
hubble
Tourer

Anybody try the new BUB 7? I seen it at the motorcycle show in Atlanta. Nice looking 2 in 1 pipe Just wonder what it sounds like

Old 01-21-2008 | 08:11 AM
Pric8779
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: adlerx

Had a propipe for 4 years, NOT QUIET! Great pipe and Not real loud but not quiet. Thunderheader, obnoxiously loud, annoying and ugly as sin. D&D Fatcat Quieter than those above. RB Black Hole, quiet, won't make the power WAY OVERPRICED and worst customer service I have ever heard about, oh yeah, 6 months delivery time. Supertrapp Supermeg, Quiteest of the high performance 2 into 1's by far, totally tuneable, best all around choice although if coming off a TH, you'll also dig the Fatcat, easier on the tuner...
Beauty is in the eye (and ear) of the beholder. I'm beholdin' a TH...runs, looks and sounds good to me. Kept many a cage from runnin' me over too

Old 01-21-2008 | 09:03 AM
rzbigdog
Cruiser

I have a Thunderheader 2-1 on street glide and I have no problems hearing my tunes at 60 mph.I just think the sound is the best out of all the 2-1 I have heard.I love that deep rumble and performance.

Old 01-21-2008 | 10:44 AM
hubble
Tourer

bump

Old 01-21-2008 | 12:18 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior

I run the SuperTrapp SuperMegs with 9 discs, open end cap. If quite becomes a necessity, how easy it is to replace 6 or seven discs and attach the closed end cap!!
And plenty of anti-seize!

Old 01-21-2008 | 01:24 PM
hounddogg
Tourer

ORIGINAL: rzbigdog

I have a Thunderheader 2-1 on street glide and I have no problems hearing my tunes at 60 mph.I just think the sound is the best out of all the 2-1 I have heard.I love that deep rumble and performance.
+1

Old 01-21-2008 | 02:29 PM
jonah
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: rzbigdog

I totally agree bigdog! but its loudness gets old. I also have an 01 roadking classic with stock exhaust and love it. I could use a bit more noise in the city but its great on the open road. I really like the idea behind supertrapps supermeg in being able to adjust the tune and sound of the bike to my personal tolerances!!

Old 01-21-2008 | 02:45 PM
GlennsGlide
Cruiser

I have the Supertrapp Mega and I run 14 disks with closed end cap and the scoot runs nice and mellow at all RPM. The benifit of the S/Meg is that in only takes five minutes to adjust the sound level, as far as performance goes I'm very happy and actually rev the motor a bit higher and change down gears more often as the the noise level does'nt blow my hearing to bits every time I want to give it a bit gas.After 4 sets of exhaust the S/Meg is the pick IMO.
On the other hand I now nearly always ear plugs when riding so the sound level is more for neighbors and other motorist.
And as weare allaware the days of loud pipes is coming to an end ( be it right or wrong ).

GlennsGlide

Quick Reply: quieter 2 into 1 ?