Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quieter 2 into 1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008 | 08:26 PM
Jeepin_Lawyer
Road Captain
Default RE: quieter 2 into 1 ?

I think my V&H Pro Pipe is pretty quiet, especially at cruising speed and after hose clamping off some of the holes in the baffle.

Old 01-20-2008 | 08:57 PM
tatuaje
Advanced

ORIGINAL: FastUltra

The biggest reason I am running the Supertrapp 2-1 is because it is quiet! The 5 hp and 8 lbft tq it gave me over the tru-dualls is the bonus!! If you want decent sound and performance it is tough to beat it! It also allows you to adjust the sound level with the # of discs you put in it! BTW on my 1st bagger I had a TH and flatly refused to buy another one!!
same for me. super trapp is quiet at idle, but comfortably loud on the road. and the torque gains on my 103 were worth it!

Old 01-20-2008 | 09:06 PM
Road King Kong
Tourer

ORIGINAL: dawg

D&D with quiet baffle is quieter than the Thunderheader.
Ditto...

Old 01-20-2008 | 09:21 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member

I had the Blackhole on my 103 build, and it was far from quiet, but had an over the top 103" build wth 10.5:1 compression so it was bound to make a bit more noise. Probably the quietest of the pipes other than the supermeg. Fit and finish was fine. I have sold it and there is a happy person out there that got a good deal on a good pipe. If ordering one, be prepared to wait at least six weeks.

Best fit and finish I have seen is from D&D, but their pipes are far from quiet IMO.

Old 01-20-2008 | 09:27 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

If "quiet" is your #1 objective, then the SuperTrapp SuperMeg is probably your best bet.

Personally, I would go for the FatCat w/quiet baffle....

So Steve.... tell us what ya really think about RB! [8D]

Old 01-20-2008 | 09:50 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: PhilM

If "quiet" is your #1 objective, then the SuperTrapp SuperMeg is probably your best bet.

Personally, I would go for the FatCat w/quiet baffle....

I have the FatCat with the quiet baffle and is a bit loud but then I have a 114 cui engine on myRGbut my Sporty with CycleShack slip-on is louder. So I have ordered the Sporty FatCat 2-1 with the quiet baffles for the Sporty.

If'n it's too loud then you're too old. Yup, I'm too old.

Old 01-20-2008 | 09:52 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

SuperTrapp Supermeg 12 disc in the mufflers.

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=PC070749.flv

Old 01-20-2008 | 10:45 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cardboard

I caution anyone to just go and put twelve disks in the mufller and say it is the optimum setup. The Supermeg is tuneable and you can vary both tq and hp depending on the number of discs and whether open or closed end cap. The number of discs would vary greatly from build to build or stock. If twelve was the"magic" number, they would all be shipped with 12 discs only and the right end cap.

Old 01-21-2008 | 05:32 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: PhilM

No sugar-coating things here.............LOL

Everything I've read about them, their own website, and customer feedback.................it all tells the story.

Steve

Old 01-21-2008 | 06:51 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Dalton

ORIGINAL: cardboard

I caution anyone to just go and put twelve disks in the mufller and say it is the optimum setup. The Supermeg is tuneable and you can vary both tq and hp depending on the number of discs and whether open or closed end cap. The number of discs would vary greatly from build to build or stock. If twelve was the"magic" number, they would all be shipped with 12 discs only and the right end cap.

Never made a claim that my bike puts out its maxium performance. Don't think most peoples bike runs maxium performance.

Talked with Woods performance and they was tellin me about the Supertrapp's performance across the map.
Thepipes come with 19 Disc. I got a buddy that has 12 more.
My builder told me to only put 12 disc in till we can do something with the computer.
The sound changes according to how many disc you have and what kind of cap you have. For sound purposes I said I have 12 disc. A lot of people run 12 disc for stock bikes.
It ain't gonna do my any good to put more in. I do not have a tuner fpr the 08 DBW.
They changed the ECM in 08. I have more power in my 08 bike than I did my 07.
I do not have to have the most powerful motorcycle on the road.
The less disc you have the more low end torque you will have and the quieter the bike runs.
I've had D&D FatCAt with the quiet baffel. It ain't as quiet as the Supertrapp. I though that was the question on which pipe is quieter.
If I want more power I will stick some woods cams in. I can hit 100 now before I can go threw the gears. I don't have a drag bike anymore with over 100 tq to do over 135 in 5th gear before I can git to 6th.
Traded it in on the Electra Glide. The 08 bikes run pretty good when they are broke in.

Quick Reply: quieter 2 into 1 ?