Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quieter 2 into 1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008 | 07:05 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: quieter 2 into 1 ?

No one has mentioned the Pro Pipe HS? I think mines pretty quiet.

Old 01-20-2008 | 07:15 PM
adlerx
Road Captain

Had a propipe for 4 years, NOT QUIET! Great pipe and Not real loud but not quiet. Thunderheader, obnoxiously loud, annoying and ugly as sin. D&D Fatcat Quieter than those above. RB Black Hole, quiet, won't make the power WAY OVERPRICED and worst customer service I have ever heard about, oh yeah, 6 months delivery time. Supertrapp Supermeg, Quiteest of the high performance 2 into 1's by far, totally tuneable, best all around choice although if coming off a TH, you'll also dig the Fatcat, easier on the tuner...

Old 01-20-2008 | 07:19 PM
hubble
Tourer

I'm also looking for a new pipe this winter. I'm leaning towards the fatcat, just worried it might be to loud. I have rush slipons now and they can be noisy when your on theroad all day. I do a lot of two-up riding and think the extra torque a 2 into 1 would give me would be nice [&:] I do like the cleaness of a true dual system though. I guess whatever I try if I don't like it I can sale it on flea bay

Old 01-20-2008 | 07:19 PM
capt42a
Road Master

Supertrapp Supermeg, somewhat adjustable with the discs, I had them on my 06 FLHT and played with the number of discs until I had the sound I wanted.
capt42a

Old 01-20-2008 | 07:22 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: rocksandgiz

I'm looking for a quiet 2 into 1 myself. I wanted to go with the fat cat with the quiet bafflebut have heard people say its still pretty loud. I have been looking at a RB racing LSR black hole 2-1. Its supposed to sound good at idle and be quiet at hiway speed. Its kinda expensive at around a grand but might be the ticket for someone looking for quiet power.
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/lsr21blackhole.htm
If you don't mind waiting 3+ months for your exhaust, and dealing with the biggest ****** on the planet.............then that might be a good exhaust for you.

Do some research about them first.......you won't want to deal with them.

Steve

Old 01-20-2008 | 07:27 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: maineultraclassic

Probably the most quiet 2-1 system is the Supertrapp Supermeg with the closed endcap......it was actually too quiet for me.

The Fatcat 2-1 with quiet baffle is more quiet then most, but still loud enough to attract attention. I cruise the highway every day on my commute to work in the summer, and I can still hear my radio and everything around just fine.

Steve
I agree with Steve. Supertrapp is quiet and performs well. I still think the D&D quiet is louder when you get on it.

Old 01-20-2008 | 07:29 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

Ask Dalton about the RB Black hole, he might even have his for sale cause I know he had one on his last build and takes care of his stuff. RB Racing has a horrible background for shipping and their finishes are so so. PM Dalton on this.

Old 01-20-2008 | 07:43 PM
Dannl
Cruiser

The Supertrapp with a closed end cap is one of the quietest 2 X 1 pipes on the market and one of the best low torque pipes as well.

Old 01-20-2008 | 07:48 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior

I second the Fat Cat, Nice rip when you get on it, great power and torque but you can still hear the radio with no problems.
Did a nice ride today and set the cruise at about 85 most of the way home and I could hear the radion with no issues

ORIGINAL: maineultraclassic

Probably the most quiet 2-1 system is the Supertrapp Supermeg with the closed endcap......it was actually too quiet for me.

The Fatcat 2-1 with quiet baffle is more quiet then most, but still loud enough to attract attention. I cruise the highway every day on my commute to work in the summer, and I can still hear my radio and everything around just fine.

Steve

Old 01-20-2008 | 07:58 PM
FastUltra
Advanced

The biggest reason I am running the Supertrapp 2-1 is because it is quiet! The 5 hp and 8 lbft tq it gave me over the tru-dualls is the bonus!! If you want decent sound and performance it is tough to beat it! It also allows you to adjust the sound level with the # of discs you put in it! BTW on my 1st bagger I had a TH and flatly refused to buy another one!!

Quick Reply: quieter 2 into 1 ?