Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

McCuff Gas Filler with Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 05:02 PM
RoadKingKamchi
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a whole lotta hate going on in this one... I think that a little too much gas has been sniffed, and is causing some TUDE to be shared. Probablyshould use the McCuff so that the fumes don't get out of the tank and create this situation again... just my 1 cent (after taxes)....

Old 06-12-2009, 05:17 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ditto, fill it manually, keep an eye on it, and it shuts off when it's full. If I have an extra millimeter of space at the top, so what? I fill up in less than a minute or two.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gunner11
Ditto, fill it manually, keep an eye on it, and it shuts off when it's full. If I have an extra millimeter of space at the top, so what? I fill up in less than a minute or two.
Was in Roswell a few weeks ago, filled up, no problem. Same thing in Ruidoso, Cloudcroft, Tularosa, and Alamogordo, no problem filing up. When in El Paso, It is a problem filling up. We have hi-pressure pumps, and I have a problem filling my ultra without spilling/splashing gas gas on the tank. Thats why I use the McCuff here in town. If anyone has a solution to filling up, when You cannot control the fuel pressure, please tell me how. PS, If You have an ultra and coming to El Paso, Stop by and see Me, and we can go to the gas station and You can show Me how to fill your ultra without spilling Gas. If You fill up without getting gas on your tank, I will buy Your gas and a few beers. ThanK You.

Last edited by Dionicio; 06-13-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:00 PM
bdude
Banned

Got one and I use it! I Like it and happy to get rid of those click , click look see what I got!! Put it on auto and it fills to the brim in one shot. Everyone has their own option, I just say I like it and think it works good for 20 bucks I think it was worth it.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:41 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Decided to try this. I got a deal on the HD version at LSHD when ordering my oil cooler. I haven't had a problem filling my tank when I was paying attention but have had a couple of mishaps with epa pumps. I took someone else's idea and velcroed it to the top of my left bag. It works well. It allows me to fill the tank on one click with the bike standing up. On the jiffy stand it comes a little short. No splashes and no looking down the hole and clicking to keep from overfilling. No gas smell. I can fill my tank with no problems without it but it is convienient. To each their own. Ill keep mine.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dionicio
Was in Roswell a few weeks ago, filled up, no problem. Same thing in Ruidoso, Cloudcroft, Tularosa, and Alamogordo, no problem filing up. When in El Paso, It is a problem filling up. We have hi-pressure pumps, and I have a problem filling my ultra without spilling/splashing gas gas on the tank. Thats why I use the McCuff here in town. If anyone has a solution to filling up, when You cannot control the fuel pressure, please tell me how. PS, If You have an ultra and coming to El Paso, Stop by and see Me, and we can go to the gas station and You can show Me how to fill your ultra without spilling Gas. If You fill up without getting gas on your tank, I will buy Your gas and a few beers. ThanK You.
Well Gunner11, I'm waiting for a reply/offer!

Old 06-13-2009, 09:28 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain
Default This should help, found this on the internet

How to Fill Motorcycle Gas Tanks
By Josh Crank, eHow Editor
Rate: (0 Ratings)

Motorcycle owners face a constant struggle at the fueling pump. Most commercial gas station pumps are designed with four-wheel auto gas tanks in mind, and the safety shut-off valves are designed accordingly. When you fill up a motorcycle gas tank with one of these, the safety shut-off valve will usually engage when your tank is only partially full. The simplest way around this problem is outlined below.

* Email
* Send to Phone
* Print Article
* Add to Favorites
* Flag Article
* Bookmark and Share

Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Instructions

Step 1

Pull up to a gas pump. Put your motorcycle up on its kickstand. Most motorcycle manufacturers recommend filling up motorcycle fuel tanks with the kickstand up because it puts the tank in the optimal position.

Step 2

Prepay or use a credit card if necessary to activate the pump, then put the nozzle all the way into the fuel door. Pump fuel into the bike until the safety shut-off valve engages and the pumping stops.

Step 3

Pull the nozzle out of the fuel door. Hold the nozzle handle and trigger with one hand, while you use the other hand to push back the rubber sleeve surrounding the nozzle. Pushing back this sleeve should block the shut-off valve from reengaging.

Step 4

Stick the end of the nozzle about 1 inch into the fuel door and resume pumping. You should be able to actually see the fuel level rising by looking through the gaps in the fuel door.

Step 5

Stop pumping when the fuel level nears the top of the tank. Replace the nozzle, and close the fuel door.

All kidding aside I actually bought a McCuff but haven't used it yet.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:12 AM
mrmatw
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It works, have attached to the high way bar, out of the way... How much did I use it???? 70% of the time. Those times I used it.. Whew, another biker filled his bike after mine, same pump. The pressure sensor was working to welll apparently, about 2.50 all over the tank! I'll keep mine in use for a little longer.. Each their own, I respect others and their points as well. Ride Safe, Long and have fun! Tom

Old 07-20-2009, 03:17 AM
HDriven
Novice
Lightbulb

i use the mccuff and like it very much

it is easier

Old 07-20-2009, 05:35 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

I won a McCuff at a rally about 3 months ago. I tried it and it worked ok. I put the pump in the McCuff and just stepped back. It shut off but it wasn't as full as I usually can do myself, so I stopped using it. Then the other day, I ran across my first new nozzle. Didn't give it a second thought. Filled up manually and got a big splash back. I was pissed. In 30 years of riding all kinds of bikes I've never had that happen to me. From now on, I'm going to watch out for the new nozzle and use the McCuff when I see it. Now where did I put that damned thing?

Quick Reply: McCuff Gas Filler with Ultra