Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:28 PM
brinks13081
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat advice

Anyone have any experience with the "Reach" seat. I can't stand the stock seat and was wondering how good this seat is for a long trip. I know about Corbin and Mustang but I have a Harley gift cerificate and wanted to know if there are any good long distance Harley seats. I picked the Reach because I'm only 5'7 and supposedly it brings you closer to the bars. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:15 PM
05Fatty
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Seat advice

The reach seat will help you with the height concerns. The sundowner seats are generally more for touring and comfort.

Sorry I don't have any personal experience wiht either one.

Old 01-13-2006, 06:44 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Try doing a search for "reach" and I'm sure you will find information your looking for.

Old 01-13-2006, 07:40 PM
maaiii
Tourer

The Sundowner Solo seat also brings you closer to the bars and is pretty comfortable. I got mine from Ebay from a guy who didn't like being moved forward. I read on this site where someone was complaining about the comfort of a Reach seat. They were saying it gets your feet closer to the ground by reducing the padding in the seat. I plan on changing my handlebars also to help with the reaching problem. (5'-9" tall, RK Classic)

Old 01-14-2006, 12:28 PM
CTClassic
Advanced

Maaiii, I'm on a Classic too, and presently looking at different bars/different seat to make me feel more "in" the bike rather than "on" it, any suggestions out there? I will doing the braided lines and chrome kits on the controls/grips so that totally new bars with longer cables are no problem. I'm 6'0" 175lbs thanks in advance.

Old 01-14-2006, 03:15 PM
gsparesa
Tourer

It all depends on how much you weigh and how much compromise (torture) you are willing to endure. I installed the “reach” saddle about a couple of months ago. It does lower and push you forward. BUTT, I’m convinced that this saddle isn’t worth a crap for riders grossly over 200 lbs. If you are a “biscuit” over 200 lbs it should work just fine. I weigh 210 lbs. I’ve ridden 400+ miles in a day and feathered pretty well. I plan to take a 2-week ride up and across Canada and through the Grand Canyon and back this year. I’m not sure my butt is down on this saddle for that duration.

Old 01-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus

Received 252 Likes on 122 Posts

I ride the Pillow Look seat on my 05 Road King. The wife ride behind me on our trips. We have put in 350 mile days and arrive without a sore butt. The stock seat was called our 50 mile seat. That was all it was good for.

This last summer I rode over 500 miles in one day and was not uncomfortable any time.

The Pillow Look seat is $299, and M&M Cycles gives 20% off which brings it down to $240. Great accessory for your ride.

Old 01-15-2006, 12:59 PM
maaiii
Tourer

CTClassic
I know exactly what you mean by sitting on, rather than sitting in the bike, but I have no answers. If you come up with any let me know.

Of course, if I had plenty of money I guess I could always buy a softtail to go along with the Road King. ......I wonder if my wife would notice?

AA

Old 01-15-2006, 02:01 PM
carsoni
Tourer

I went with the sundowner. after spending 7 hours one day in the stock pos I needed something different. the sundowner with rider backrest is like being part of the frame. I've only got about 300 miles in the sundowner but so far it's great.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:10 PM
carsoni
Tourer

went with the sundowner for my RK standard, also changed to heritage softail bars pulled back slightly. sat on the bike at the dealer and had them place the bars right where I wanted. very happy with the results

Quick Reply: Seat advice