Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Pearl ?? like or dislike

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 08:56 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Black Pearl ?? like or dislike

...I got a Black-Cherry so I know what ya mean about the "dull" look in the shade...but every once in a while you get that sunny day when some one walks by and says.."WOW, nice paint"...then ya remember why you went with that color in the first place....don't let it bother you...it least it aint that "Olive-Drab"!...

Old 01-20-2008, 09:01 AM
jharanin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree...the black pearl kicks ****.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Either black is good but to have it sparkle in the sun is sweet.

You can always add some customartwork.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Your black pearl will look dull in the garage when it is only 2 degrees outside. There is no doubt to that as I am looking at a cover and under that cover is a black pearl bike. BUT, when spring comes around and you roll that bike out into the warm sun again, you will be happy with your black pearl bike again.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:25 AM
BaldEagleou812
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vivid Black was my personal choice. But i admire all the colors.I sometimes think it would be cool to have a second paint set and be able to switch up every now and again.in my opinion if i were in your position and was to consider another color,I would consider something custom,I thnk it would not cost any more to have the set you have paintedin a custom color of your choicecompared to purchasing another paint set in a color that is the same as a million others,

Old 01-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Me thinks you'd be jonesin' for black pearl right now if you'd have bought the vivid black. Wait til you get it back out on the road, when the sunlight brings it alive, then you'll remember whyyou loved it so much the first time you saw it.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:32 AM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was up against the same dilemma when I was buying my '07 SG. The dealer had both. A clean black bike looks awesome!! But, I've had black trucks and man the swirl marks that you can get and show up in the sun (which I'm sure was operator error)!! I have an '80 Z28 with a charcoal paint job from the factory, and it didn't show near the marks that black can. The charcoal looks identical to the black pearl. Since I was such a fanatic on my Heritage Springer (white), I chose the black pearl thinking it wouldn't show as many marks. The problem, it rides so much better than anything I've ever owned, it's the dirtiest bike I've ever owned because I ride it all the time!! I don't clean it near as much as I should but man it looks great when it's clean.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:36 AM
bcollida
Intermediate

stop callen my bike ugly.

----Black Pearl by choice

Old 01-20-2008, 09:41 AM
DragonsBreath
Cruiser

Mine is mostly Black Pearl. Don't thinkI could ever do just black.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:42 AM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

I love the black pearl. I had a vivid black nighttrain and it was a b!tch to keep clean. Went with the pewter pearl on my new bike just because it hides the road grime a little. I ride everyday and need all the help I can get.

I agree with baldeagle. If your going to change the color, don't buy a paint set from the factory. Have yours custom painted or swap them out for an already painted custom set. Every rally I have been to has a painter with some sweet custom tins that willhave great pricing on them if you give them your old ones. They'll even swap them out right there. That, or find a painter with a good reputation and work with them on your own custom scheme. You'll have something unique that everyone will comment on.

Quick Reply: Black Pearl ?? like or dislike