Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bubs 7 vendors. Bait and switch or ligit

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:24 PM
harris48cars
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bubs 7 vendors. Bait and switch or ligit

Having been told Eastern Performance Cycles was a supporter of this site I called yesterday during their buisness hours and got a recording telling me what their hours were. I left a message saying I wanted to oder the Bubs 7 for my 08 SG. Never heard from them so I just called again today. Guess they don't bother returing calls. Anyway i told them I wanted to order their Bubs 7 exhaust and I was told it would be $767 plus shipping or I colud come to their shop to pick them up and save shipping. All that would be fine and dandy except that on their site the price is $696 with free shipping. I'm told that is a show special. What special? I went back to their site and looked more carefully and I can't find anything about special pricing. It simply says the Bub 7 is $696 and free shipping. I ordered the system from an authorised Drag Specialties dealer on Ebay for $659 shippied. I guess I'm more easily aggravated as I get older. Make of this what you will.
Gary

Old 01-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bubs 7 vendors. Bait and switch or ligit

Sorry to hear you had problems with them. I've purchased three items and never had any issues, but I've never tried calling them either, just ordered directly off the net.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:05 PM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 61 Posts

ORIGINAL: harris48cars

Having been told Eastern Performance Cycles was a supporter of this site I called yesterday during their buisness hours and got a recording telling me what their hours were. I left a message saying I wanted to oder the Bubs 7 for my 08 SG. Never heard from them so I just called again today. Guess they don't bother returing calls. Anyway i told them I wanted to order their Bubs 7 exhaust and I was told it would be $767 plus shipping or I colud come to their shop to pick them up and save shipping. All that would be fine and dandy except that on their site the price is $696 with free shipping. I'm told that is a show special. What special? I went back to their site and looked more carefully and I can't find anything about special pricing. It simply says the Bub 7 is $696 and free shipping. I ordered the system from an authorised Drag Specialties dealer on Ebay for $659 shippied. I guess I'm more easily aggravated as I get older. Make of this what you will.
Gary
I do know that for whatever reason, Eastern Performance runs their EBAY store as a separate business from their brick and mortar store. I made a run over there to pick some stuff up, instore prices were higher than the EBAY prices. Thankfully, they are happy to price match (go figure) if you have the printouts of the EBAY auctions, which by dumb luck I did. However, this does not explain why you got diff prices from the store talking on the phone vs whatwas advertised on their web site. I have bought from there several times and always had good service and never an issue with prices.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:57 PM
kjmorgan
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered some Progressive shocks for my Sportster and after my mechanic puts them on he asks me, "Did you know those were used shocks?" Needless to say I was pissed but they were on, I loved them, and I pressed on with life. Should have opened the box and inspected them very closely before handing over to my mechanic. I did call Eastern and got no sympathy, satisfaction, or anything else over the phone. "We do not sell used parts" was all he kept insisting. 99% my fault but still feels good venting about it!

Old 01-18-2008, 03:47 PM
FLHR143
Cruiser

I've never had a problem with them either, although I've never called them directly. I've made purchases from their website and the Ebay site, always fast shipping and great prices.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:55 PM
IronHead2822
Advanced

I bought a K&N air cleaner kit from them online. It came damaged from the factory not from shipping. I called Eastern Performance and left a message.A guy called me back a day later kind of upset with me as if I was interupting his day. They did call K&N and put me in touch with K&N's customer service to get the problem resolved.

K&N was great, Eastern Performance was OK. IMHO, when you sell at bottom dollar with free shipping itdoes not leave a lot of room for customer service.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

I just bought a K&N intake from their Ebay store great price,great service,I guess that I am fortunate that I did not have to deal with a Human

Old 01-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Jsans
Tourer

ORIGINAL: harris48cars

Gary
There are 2 versions of Bub 7 duals, one WITH CROSSOVER, one without. They may have quoted you for the ones WITH, which are more expensive. Just a thought.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Harris: You are gettng old and too easily aggravated; you saved 37 bucks from a seller different from EPC because EPC's pricing was screwed up--so you went to the alternate seller and saved money--and you're complaining?????

Old 01-18-2008, 10:10 PM
harris48cars
Road Master

I can't argue with you except that the savings was not $37, it was $108 plus whatever EPC shipping would have been. I was aware of a difference of $37 when I thought EPC site had correct pricing and like a good boy I was willing to spend the extra $37 to support a forum member. Obviously that didn't work out. BTW, what does one have to do to call themselves a "Forum Supporter", if that's the correct term.
Gary