Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know this if off topic but I know you guys better

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008 | 09:44 AM
rmc115
Road Master
Default RE: I know this if off topic but I know you guys better

A buddy had the surgery using the davinci robotic. Very small incision and only 2 weeks recovery as apposed to 2 months and a chance of other side effects. sorry about the news, but it is cureable.

Old 01-18-2008 | 10:01 AM
quackhead
Road Master

sorry to hear that. stay positive and you will beat this!!! you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 01-18-2008 | 11:35 AM
cdale976
Road Master

My prayers are with you spark. keep that positive attitude it's half the battle.
my grandpop had pc and had it removed. worked well
my pop had it and they planted a radioactive seed in his prostate and it worked. been clean for 4 or 5 years now.
get another opinion and research as much as you can so you can ask questions.
i get checked every three years. so far so good.
will keep you in my prayers

Old 01-18-2008 | 12:02 PM
highwayking
Tourer

Two guys in my riding group have had PC and resulting surgeries. Both are doing great and riding again. They both had it around your age and that was a few years back. From all I can gather (and the goup talks about everything) there are no ill effects of the surgery, just periodic rechecks.They both have said thebest way to fight it is to convince yourself you will win. Hey, you're a biker and always will be a biker. You've got to get through this so you can be riding again. And when it happens to me (I'm 61) I'll call on you for support--deal?

Old 01-18-2008 | 12:05 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member

My prayers are with you,had a friend with prostate cancer,they put some type of radioactive bean in there and cleared him up,might want to check around before any cutting is done.

Old 01-18-2008 | 06:12 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master

keep a positive attitude the best you can. the mental part of this is every bit as important as the medical side imho... our prayers are with you and yours...you will beat this...best of luck...(and get out and ride ...it will do wonders for your outlook on life!!!!)

Old 01-18-2008 | 06:24 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

Like I said earlier, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay positive, get the test or whatever needs done. Get it done now, and you will be riding this summer.

Once again you stay positive.

Old 01-18-2008 | 06:27 PM
dw2169
Road Captain

You will be in our prayers also, rememer, if he brings you to it, he will bring you through it. Our medical doctors can do wonders now. Get you a 2nd opinion, just don't put it off to long cuz good biking weather is justaround the corner.

Old 01-18-2008 | 06:32 PM
Seal Guy Ken
Cruiser

A second opinion is an absolute necessity and your doctor will appreciate your concern to do so.
If the second opinion provides you with the same options... get it done!
You are young enough to completely recover in a short time, and there are no side effects comparable to the alternative.
You'll be fine! My father-in-law (72) went through the treatment options and he's just fine.
Early detection is your best friend. Good for you for doing what's so difficult.... going to the doctor.
Get well, and we'll see you on the road before summer!

Old 01-18-2008 | 06:43 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior

Well I unfortunalty can speak from experiance... I was diagnosed with PC in 2000 when I was 39, 8 years now since I had the surgery, Chemo and so much more but I am proof that you can beat it.
I have 2 beautiful, Heathly kids, 6yrs and 3.5 years old to prove it.
May Not bewhat you want to hear, but it one of the most common types of cancer these days and the up side is all progress they have made in this area over the last 10 years has helped allot of people beat this thing.

It has not stopped me from doing the things I love whenever I want, of course there are some slow periods, but I used a nice chair in my garage and tinkering with my bike to get me thru

My prayers are with you and your family for a speedy recovery

Quick Reply: I know this if off topic but I know you guys better