Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Might be going back to the batwing

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 04:09 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Might be going back to the batwing

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

The bad thing about using lowers is trying to find a set of highway pegs that would work with them. And for me. I have my highway pegs set so I can put my heels on the boards and my toes on the pegs. This is exactly how they are on my RG.

I would need to find highway peg mounts that would go around the lowers and still put the pegs in the same position. I can't ride w/o them there. I'm too used to it. Any suggestions on that???
Can't ride w/o them there, or WON'T ride w/o them there?

I have highway pegs on my Ultra, and by using the HD long off set mounts, I was able to swing them around the lowers, into a position that is fairly close to the way you have yours set up. I can ride with my heels on the boards and toes on the pegs, or put my feet on the pegs. Now that I take a 2nd look, I have the EXACT same set up that Wldbill has, and it works great.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:34 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

once you own a street glide is hard to change to anything else IMO..
I

Old 01-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

I really think you should try the lowers on your RG. The nice thing is they really hold their value. Buy a set on eBay, try them out, re-sell them on eBay if they don't work. Heck, I might even have to buy them from you. I've been thinking hard about adding them. Look up a pic of Rocket Jockey's roadie for a visual on how they will look.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:04 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I knew I should have stayed out of this thread. All this talk about lowers made me order a set just now from Chicago HD for $539.20, shipped. Looking forward to getting them as the forced air blowing up from the batwing is unforgiving and they will come in handy on rainy touring days too. Besides, I love the look of the lowers on a SG as it gives it a sled look. [/align]

Old 01-20-2008, 06:18 AM
Road King Kong
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RG+Lowers and klock werks windsheild

Old 01-20-2008, 06:42 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: CigarCritic

I knew I should have stayed out of this thread. All this talk about lowers made me order a set just now from Chicago HD for $539.20, shipped. Looking forward to getting them as the forced air blowing up from the batwing is unforgiving and they will come in handy on rainy touring days too. Besides, I love the look of the lowers on a SG as it gives it a sled look. [/align]
You are gonna LOVE those lowers! My new ones are arriving from Zanottis for right at that price shippped, Wednesday, after about a 6 week backorder due to color (pewter). I've really missed them this winter. I've had the Rivco quick detach kit for a few years, (HD offers one now), that is also cool should you want to play around with different looks and remove them from time to time.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:21 AM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: GliderXXX

You are gonna LOVE those lowers! My new ones are arriving from Zanottis for right at that price shippped, Wednesday, after about a 6 week backorder due to color (pewter). I've really missed them this winter. I've had the Rivco quick detach kit for a few years, (HD offers one now), that is also cool should you want to play around with different looks and remove them from time to time.
I thinking they are going to enhance my riding enjoyment and allow me to hear my speakers better, it not, I will have the option to add two more speakers and I like that idea. Hopefully my set with arrive a lot faster, vivid black, but six weeks is not too long of a wait.
[/align]

Old 01-20-2008, 09:25 AM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

And on a side note I have been calling around to a few dealers and I apparently won't take that bad of a hit on trade if I decide to go that route. I got two offers right now on an '08 Black Pearl Street Glide (yeah a blast from the past). One has security and is $20,801 OTD and the other w/o security is $20,500 OTD. That is including trade.

In a perect world I would be able to own two bikes for two seasons. RG for better climate riding and touring. And a SG/EG for the colder seasons. Unfortunately it is not a perfect world.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Towpro
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damit bro, I told ya NOT to buy that ugly SOB'ing inbred thing.....LOL.

J/K all you RG'ers !!!!!

You gonna try those soft lowers ??? I have em & like em....just keep your knees glues to the tank & they really do seem to knock down some of that up-draft.

Good luck man & whatever you decide....we will be seeing ya soon I hope. Tell the wife we said hello.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Towpro

You gonna try those soft lowers ??? I have em & like em....just keep your knees glues to the tank & they really do seem to knock down some of that up-draft.

Good luck man & whatever you decide....we will be seeing ya soon I hope. Tell the wife we said hello.

Not sure about the lowers yet. If I had to guess I'd say probably not. Heidi is liking the idea of an EG Classic. Who am I to argue. Playing three dealers against one another trying to see if we can get the deal I posted earlier even sweeter. And figuring if that is what we really want to do.

When we gonna get everyone together for lunch/dinner???? Hopefully soon. We miss you guys. Any ideas for places??? I could go for a good burger and everyone says Fuddruckers is pretty good. And there is one in Annapolis. But I am open for suggestions.

Tell Vicki we said hi too.