Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bub "7" true duals

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:56 PM
harris48cars
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bub "7" true duals

Saw these at a bike show Sunday. Tried to order them today but the place was closed due to bad weather here in the east. Cost on the web site was $696 and free shipping. Later saw them on Ebay for $659 delivered. I'd like to buy the ebay ones to save another $50. I contacted Bubs directly to ask if ebay vendors were okay and they said there would be no warranty unless it was an authorized Drag Specialties dealer. Also said many ebay sellers are authorized. I'll check back tomorrow with that eabay dealer to see what his status is. Also mentioned to the Bubs guy that their sound byte sounded awfully loud to me. He says they are a good bit quieter than the Rhineharts and actually producing a little more power than the Rineharts. You guys that have them, can you comment on how loud they are.
Thanks,
Gary

Old 01-19-2008, 12:24 AM
Jsans
Tourer

ORIGINAL: CigarCritic

Guys, how do the tips attach? On Bub's website they do not show any screws for mounting butinthe Dec 07 American BaggerMag,they show two,not so attractivescrews on the "sides" of the mufflers.
The tips don't rotate or come off. You need to rotate the entire muffler to position them.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:16 AM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope they are at least as loud as the sound bite. It sounded pretty sweet if you ask me. It might be to do withwhich baffle you have in. HarleyFan, which one did you have it ordered with, or did you not get that choice with the Bub's???

Anyone else??

Old 01-19-2008, 06:05 AM
radridd
Tourer

I had the rineharts before my bub 7's. They are quiter than the rineharts with a deeper tone.If you stay out of the throttle they are deep and mellow, but crack the throttle and they will bark. My bike even runs better, now that maybe a fuel map/tuning issue, don't know. My PCIII was premapped by fuel moto for the rineharts and all I did was change exhaust to the BUBs. The power is better in the low to midrange where I had a big hole with the rineharts. Another plus is the 7's fit better. They tuck in around the primary side cover area tighter. Just my $.02 but I have had both and I like the 7s best.

[IMG]local://upfiles/35020/617451E262E848DB9C03AEF30333D38A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-19-2008, 09:56 AM
speedracer
Tourer

I was wanting to order a set for a 2008 street glide and called Eastern Performance earlier this week and was told they are on back order for 2 weeks I never ask what the price was. I'll call them back after 2 weeks and see if they are in stock and check on the price. I'm going with no cross over pipe. I was wondering were is everyone buying them from ?

Old 01-19-2008, 10:37 AM
harris48cars
Road Master

Their site says $696 and free shipping. When I called to order them I was told that was a "special", no longer available. It is still on their site and I can't find anything that says "Special" or anything else. The price they gave me was $767 plus shipping. I started a thread on the 18th if you want to search for it under the heading "Bait and switch". I ordered mine from an authorized Drag Specialties dealer (meaning it has a full warranty from Bubs) on Ebay for $659 shipped.
Gary

Old 01-19-2008, 10:51 AM
speedracer
Tourer

I was wondering what is the name of the company that you bought your exhaust from on ebay if it wasn't eastern performance??

Old 01-19-2008, 11:16 AM
harris48cars
Road Master

Kustom Emporium. The price i gave you was for the non-crossover. I am an ebay skeptic though I've purchased a dozen or so items from them. I called Bubs and asked what I should look for when purchasing their stuff from Ebay people. They said to make sure they are a Drag Specialties dealer. And that I should get a receipt for warranty issues. I spoke to KE and they said they were and that i would. There is a phone number on KE ebay site should you want to call them as I did.
Gary

Old 01-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Jsans
Tourer

I ordered mine from Kustom Emporium on Ebay and had no issues plus great service.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:53 PM
scottma978
Cruiser

guess I will try the 7's without the crossover pipe. Did any of you try a "canned" map for the pc111?. when I originally put my slip-ons and stage one filter on, I had it dyno tuned. Now I kind of want to try to do it myself, but I am a little scared...lol. I have a laptop and am comfortable using it, so I am just guessing that it is pretty self explanatory once you get involved. Anyone care to shed some light?. I was gonna order my exhaust today, but while I was at my local H-D dealer...I ended up buying the chrome fork kit Oh well, winter is still here I will get the pipes before spring...lol thanks guys, scott

Quick Reply: bub "7" true duals