Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pic of another diehard

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 01:36 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: pic of another diehard

I just ride to work and then the boss ask me if I could make some delivery. I love my job some days. I have put over a 100 miles so far today at work. The temps are in the 30's. It's a good day to ride.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:50 PM
HD_Maxima
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

choochoo,

I understand where you are coming from, but I think most missed the point. I give a huge 'Kudo's" too the little lady. I live in central PA and the temps. have been fairly mildcompared toa normal winter, yet I don't see too many "diehards" out there riding. Even last week when we had temps in the 60's I rode to work, and on my way into the office(62 miles)I passed one bike (42 degree's). Funny how on the way home I passed seven bikes. When I got home my wife asked me if I saw any other bikes out, I told her ridership was up 700% on my way home.

Now I will agree there are some on here that ride a lot more than others, but I also know that the internet is full of tough guy's. How many of your wives rode "THEIR OWN BIKE IN 29 DEGREE WEATHER"? That's what I thought...

Old 01-16-2008, 02:59 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,836 Likes on 1,596 Posts

ORIGINAL: HD_Maxima
Now I will agree there are some on here that ride a lot more than others, but I also know that the internet is full of tough guy's. How many of your wives rode "THEIR OWN BIKE IN 29 DEGREE WEATHER"? That's what I thought...
Although I love arguing with ChewChew... I have to agree with you on this one. Dude was just giving his lady props. Nothing wrong with that. But in typical ChewChew fashion, he managed to offend someone in the process...

lp

Old 01-16-2008, 03:00 PM
cirhere2
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I the only one that just doesn't give a **** just a thought

Old 01-16-2008, 08:08 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What the hell are you talking about?
The pic is of my GIRLFRIEND ON THE SPORTY NOT ME!
And she is wearing Chaps, blue jeans long underwear, shirt, three sweaters and a vest.
boots etc.
But a GOLDWING Jacket, you need your eyes checked bud!
I think this dude ought to be on a 4 wheeler instead of a 2 wheeler.

It was probably more like....."Honey, hurry up and take the picture so I can put the bike away and we can hop into our 74 Vega!

It's cold as ***** and this dude's wearing a Goldwingor a Member's Only jacket. It was just a kodak moment.

[/quote]

Old 01-16-2008, 08:13 PM
choochoo
Banned

scroll back up the page and see the photos.
One is at lincoln monument over 8000 ft February 10th
So I already did your February ride in the snow.
Lincoln monument is considered in the Rockies as it is on I-80 in Wyoming between Cheyenne
and Laramie.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:19 PM
choochoo
Banned

I can take the heat (dishing out), but seems a lot herecan't take the cold or won't.
But the challenge still stands. We got a chicken **** ride planned 2nd week end in February.
If you want to make P.M. me.
Now we aren't stupid or ignorant. If roads are not safe we will postpone it.
Ride is about 100 mile round trip minimum elevation is 6000 feet and depending on route max is about 8500 feet.

Dude, throttle backa little. I think it was pretty gutsy for your GF to ride with you in the cold. But you had to realize you were calling a lot of guys out with the finger in the eye statement "More of a die hard rider than a lot of you all" They're just dishing a little back to you.
[sm=deal.gif]
[/quote]

Old 01-16-2008, 08:31 PM
choochoo
Banned

Did it again and doing it again.
ain't it funny how the so called die hards (ride all the time) get offended so easily, when a woman makes a ride they normally wouldn't?
I don't mind them dishing it back, wakes this board up from time to time from the same ol doldrums.
Gets the juices flowing again.
and I sure am expecting to see a LOT of PICS posted with the date on it of them riding !
ORIGINAL: HD_Maxima
Although I love arguing with ChewChew... I have to agree with you on this one. Dude was just giving his lady props. Nothing wrong with that. But in typical ChewChew fashion, he managed to offend someone in the process...

lp
[/quote]

Old 01-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cirhere2

Am I the only one that just doesn't give a **** just a thought
DEFINITELY NOT !!! I don't need to pound my chest either. My wife rides when she wants...always on the back and never when its cold....& again who gives a muck !?

Old 01-16-2008, 09:12 PM
ezlife
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Props to the woman for gettin out there and ridin, whether it's cold or not, she's ridin...cool!

You want a real challenge though, come over and ride in NYC where your battling the crazy cabbies, cagers, and cold. That'll get your ticker pump'in.

Quick Reply: pic of another diehard