Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pic of another diehard

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Superglide 04
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pic of another diehard

It was 28 in October here, around 20 in november, first snowfall december 1st. I'll ride in the cold all day long but draw the line on snow and ice not cause I'm not hard core just smart (Ice = wipeout, causes damage to me and bike, damage to me causes time off work, time off work means loosing bike &house, thats if I survive,if notI only lose my life.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:30 AM
wedwards
Advanced

ORIGINAL: GlideMan

I think you're lost, cause your in the wrong forum. Sportster threads are one section above the Touring section. I think the moderators put it there deliberately so the odd nerd would step in here and get some abuse from real bikers.
oi!! i put more touring miles on my sporty (and other bikes) than any of my tourer/bagger/etc-riding buddies have ever done! i got a sporty cos i dont want all the "niceties" of a touring bike at this stage - just want me, the bike, and the open road - dont care for any of the other comfort crap offered by the other bikes (maybe when I am older). personally i think a 8000 mile round trip on a sportyis way more hardcore than any touring rider could ever hope for, but unless provoked I aint going to say so.

oh and before you get all twisted up, i am in here because even though i ride a sporty, most of my riding would be classed as touring and i enjoy it here.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:36 AM
Ultrasweet
Road Captain

Troll Alert!

Old 01-16-2008, 04:37 AM
Cache
Tourer

I think this dude ought to be on a 4 wheeler instead of a 2 wheeler.

It was probably more like....."Honey, hurry up and take the picture so I can put the bike away and we can hop into our 74 Vega!

It's cold as ***** and this dude's wearing a Goldwingor a Member's Only jacket. It was just a kodak moment.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:40 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

dont ya hate it when ya type before ya think?

Old 01-16-2008, 05:45 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

its not that it was cold out and riding around. it was the comparison that she is more diehard than than anybody here.
i am happy that she can handle that kind of weather but to compare is something differant

Old 01-16-2008, 06:13 AM
2004 Road King
Cruiser

Well I'm a big *****. I store my bike all winter and complain when I have to pick it up in April on a 55 degree day!!

Old 01-16-2008, 06:55 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

I agree,I feel like a real wimp for not taking my pristine RK out in the 10 degree weather and ride down the road in all the slush and salt.Guess I will have to stay indoors and dream of being a real all weather biker.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:10 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

My wife and I actually don't mind the cold. It's the sand, salt, slush, ice and snow that becomes the problem. We can deal with the sand, but riding when there is ice and snow on the road doesn't seem all that great of an idea, to me.

AND... more importantly, after we get home from riding in the cold, I get to "warm her up."

Old 01-16-2008, 09:14 AM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Relax Choo Choo, cause many of us here ride in the winter and we don't always run around beating our chests and call each other die hards just cause others may notride insnow and salt. I have many pictures of our group riding in snow, and so you know, I live 50 miles from the Rockies so the high passes are nothin new. Still snow there in Juneand it's always back in September and October. If ya really want to impress me, ride it in February and take some pics. (lol) Around here, many of us suit up and ride all season.

No chest pins required. Just afun day ride (100 miles)in the midst of winter.

Quick Reply: pic of another diehard