Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Props to Racer Parts Wholesale(Redline Distributor)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:07 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Props to Racer Parts Wholesale(Redline Distributor)

Since the economy isdifficult to deal withand I'm a hard working red-blooded American I continue my endeavor to make my money go as far as I can. That being said, I ventured on over to Racer Parts Wholesale(formerly myoilshop.com)where Tom Volk andcompany supply the Redlineproducts that I use for my scoot toprepare for purchasing another round of goodies for anoil change. After digging around the newly redesigned site(MUCH better btw) I got to wondering if the MOS10 discount(10% off purchase)that I've always enjoyed was still available. So I got to checking into their Shipping and Handling Policy. Whoa!!![&:] I noticed a $3.50 handling fee was to be assessed with each purchase and to me this really would have negated the 10% discounts effectiveness to sway me to continue doing business here so I emailed Tom tonight 1-14-08 via PM here not expecting a reply for days, weeks, if ever. Well much to my surprise, he PROMPTLY got back to me and this is what he wrote:

Thanks for sending me the message!

Yes , the MOS10 discount is still good. We have been asked by Red Line (we are one of their bigger distributors) to stop advertising the extra 10% we have offered the HD forum members. The 10% case discount we offer is already the lowest price deal we know of--and Red Line let's us get away with that but they do not like us offering the additional 10%. We will , however, still be happy to honor the extra discount to anybody who puts the 'MOS10' code into the order comments/.special code section. So--if you order a case of any part number you get 20% off!

Racer Parts Wholesale ships between 1200-2000 packages a month and we charge the $3.50 handling (plus actual shipping costs). Shipping and handling are always a sticky issue---lots of companies try to hide the charges--we are up front and have determined that the most people save the most money with our shipping policy --combined with our pricing (we guarantee to be the lowest cost--contact me/us if you find our products any lower cost anywhere.)

That said, we have NOT been charging the people who use the MOS10 discount code the $3.50 cost. Again, I decided to make sure the HD forum people get to know us and get the extra savings(and buy from my company!) We do not publish the shipping/handling savings with the MOS10 code. Probably not good advertising by me--but everybody not using the code pays the $3.50 (which, again, is still a very good deal)

Please feel free to let others know about the MOS10 Red Line Discount

Also--we just completed the acquisition of another well known company---Helen Twowheels Super Packing System. If you look at the racerpartswholesale.com site and click on the new Helen Twowheels Motorcycle Stuff division--you can read the press release. Altogether wenow have a few more products for the HD Forum people (and other motorcyclists).

We just got back form the Toronto Motorcycle show where we worked our butts off in our booth. We had an incredible number of HD owners come up and talk about the Helen products as well as the Red Line product lineup.

Thanks again for writing me. I really appreciate your taking the time. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you. We are trying to set up our schedule for Rallies for 2008. We have quite a program to support individual clubs and Rallies. Please let me know if you know of a Rally/Event we should consider supporting.

Tom Volk
President
Racer Parts Wholesale

Copied and pasted for the whole forum to see. I could buy this stuff locally from the smartmouthed kids[:@] that work behind the counter at Advance Auto Parts here locally and break evenon cost compared to what it c

Old 01-14-2008, 09:14 PM
crashbike310
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Props to Racer Parts Wholesale(Redline Distributor)

good to know. Thanks

Old 01-14-2008, 10:34 PM
connsmith
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How is redline... I understand its racing oil...

Old 01-15-2008, 07:35 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Off topic, but on topic too.....

I don't need to purchase oil at this moment, but I'd like to save this thread for future use.

Can someone tell me, is there a way to save particular threads? Do we have something like an "hdforums favorites" folder?

Sorry guys, I'm not up on internet ins-and-outs.

Thanks for your help!

Old 01-15-2008, 07:42 AM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior

Just add this page to your internet explorer favorites.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:27 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: BadPiggy

Off topic, but on topic too.....

I don't need to purchase oil at this moment, but I'd like to save this thread for future use.

Can someone tell me, is there a way to save particular threads? Do we have something like an "hdforums favorites" folder?

Sorry guys, I'm not up on internet ins-and-outs.

Thanks for your help!
Also, at the top of the thread, right above my original post, there are the words "Subscribe" that you can click on and store it. Your "subscriptions become available when you log in and go to your Inbox for future use.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:29 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Good tip. I use Redline for all 3 holes and buy it off the web.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:01 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

I just ordered another case of Shockproof Heavy. After using it in my bike, a lot of my friends are starting to use it. And guess where my stockpile goes to? Good people to do business with too.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:13 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

[sm=pcwhack.gif]