Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gettysburg Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:14 PM
norskehd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gettysburg Bike Week

[:-] Looking to go to a couple bike weeks this year - How is the Gettysburg bike week?

Old 01-14-2008, 07:28 PM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gettysburg Bike Week

Heard they had a big riot there back in 1863

Old 01-14-2008, 07:39 PM
roadking48
Cruiser

I live 20 miles from it and won't go again. Nothing there, and they charge you to get in to see 10 vendors at the "headquarters" of the rally.Had girlfriends bike pinstripped but that was behind harley shop where some vendors setup for free. I won't travel 20 miles to go again. mark

Old 01-14-2008, 07:47 PM
ironhead3fan
Road Master

ORIGINAL: roadking48

I live 20 miles from it and won't go again. Nothing there, and they charge you to get in to see 10 vendors at the "headquarters" of the rally.Had girlfriends bike pinstripped but that was behind harley shop where some vendors setup for free. I won't travel 20 miles to go again. mark
Agreed. I live about an hour away. Don't waste your time.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:56 PM
TJB50
Tourer

It depends on what you're looking for or want to do. We rode down from WNY with3 other couples and had a great time partying while there. We stayed in York because they knew some people that owned a bar. Hope to do it again this year.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Ol Biker
Road Master

Well .....there is a group from HDF who got together at GBW last year and had a great time. There is some picturesque riding in the area, Bike week activities are "the usual," some fine eating and imbibing localities, and a great after-the-ride party.The Punisher is to blame for getting the "MidAtlantic Rally" organized last year, and as a result many of us will be back!. Hope to see you there!!! For somew after the rally comments go to- "https://www.hdforums.com/m_1914275/tm.htm"

Old 01-14-2008, 08:19 PM
db2753
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I went last year and bout all I can say about it was a very nice ride. But then it was my first Bike Rally and didn't know what to expect. Bought some new ISO Grips walked around a couple hours then headed home.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:18 AM
billybobsrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

45 minute ride from where I live and I've been a few times; some competive events,lots of vendors, rock band & fire works. They no longer have a wet tee shirt contest due to becoming more family oriented event. If you don't mind parking your bike in a dusty or muddy field (depending on weather) and washing it off the next day, it's worth going once to see what it's all about. Battlefield Harley Davidson Dealership usually has some things going on plus vendors during the same time, so I'll probably just go there next year & skip the Bike Week.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:27 AM
bluto43
Cruiser

The event itself is the usual but the riding around York and the area is alot of fun. The city of York is pretty biker friendly

Old 01-15-2008, 08:41 AM
epkrebs
Novice

I am also within 45 minutes from gettysburg. The thing I remember the most about last year was my 12 year old daughter'sexcitement being in the parade and my 4 year old daughter and her mother watching us with a few hundred bikes around us. Yes, I feel this is a typical rally but you will be at a place everyone should visit sometimeduring there lives. The nightlife at the local establishments are enjoyable and I'll be heading back. Hope to see you there.

Quick Reply: Gettysburg Bike Week