Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gettysburg Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:17 AM
NICK56
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Gettysburg Bike Week

Just go to Sturgis.. None better !

15 years in a row now !!

Old 01-15-2008, 10:28 AM
flyslow
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: bluto43

The city of York is pretty biker friendly
I heard they were crating up bikes and shipping them out of York!

Old 01-15-2008, 03:29 PM
cms1528
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: roadking48

I live 20 miles from it and won't go again. Nothing there, and they charge you to get in to see 10 vendors at the "headquarters" of the rally.Had girlfriends bike pinstripped but that was behind harley shop where some vendors setup for free. I won't travel 20 miles to go again. mark
Friend you are right on the money, I actually complained to the organizers once in an email about that fee and the lady kindly wrote back a diatribe about why I should be honored to pay that entry fee. It use to only be for those riding in and parking, I would park at the Eisenhower and walk over. Not any more they charge you to walk in. And for what ? A few crappy vendors, some carnival food and not much else. There is a small bike show that usually has the same bikes each year.

Stay away from the crap at the Gateway/Allstar Complex and enjoy riding around beautiful Gettysburg and spending your money at the businesses in town. Make sure you hang out at Rourke's on Steinwehr Ave. in the evening hours and enjoy the cruising. Plus the night scene at The Pike Restaurant isn't too bad. There are some new hotels in the area that book up quickly so call ahead and plan early. This "bike week" is only a few years old and they say its growing. Well more people may be showing up but its the same old nothing really. I rather stay in town around the dealer and the local pubs and give them my coin, they are the ones that deserve it.

The ride is nice the people are friendly just stay away from the rally complex or go once and leave saying, "well that sucked for ten bucks."

Old 01-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Never been to Gettysburg rally, when is it? I have been to "Little sturgis" in Md. great place and some wild times. Apple is a great guy and he won't put up with any crap. the bands are free all week, food is cheap, the "sights" are plenty. Fantastic riding in those mountians too.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:17 PM
[Hooligan]
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Ol Biker

Well .....there is a group from HDF who got together at GBW last year and had a great time. There is some picturesque riding in the area, Bike week activities are "the usual," some fine eating and imbibing localities, and a great after-the-ride party.The Punisher is to blame for getting the "MidAtlantic Rally" organized last year, and as a result many of us will be back!. Hope to see you there!!! For somew after the rally comments go to- "https://www.hdforums.com/m_1914275/tm.htm"
I'll definately be there again. Hopefully Punisher can lead us on another scenic ride! Was a great group of people to meet for sure.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Stash
Tourer

Wife and I went last year. Decent bands each night at the All-Star Complex. Lots of good riding. Enjoyed it and probably will go back. Nice trip getting there and home again from W. PA. It gets a thumbs up. You might want to hit Johnstown"s Rally...also a good time.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:02 PM
chris02324
Tourer

ORIGINAL: sldavis

Heard they had a big riot there back in 1863
Funny[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 01-15-2008, 06:16 PM
stoker62
Advanced

I wouldn't call the Gettsyburg event a "bike week" Pa. jumped on the band wagon just like so many other states and towns across the US. Sure that area is rich with history and scenic riding but I'de much rather do it with out all the weekend warriors runnin around. I've been to alot of "bike weeks", In my opinion Sturgis Has the best of what every bike week out there has, all rolled into one big rally It's called Sturgis but it's more like a 300 mile radius of good old fashioned fun!

Old 01-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Mullenix53
Advanced

We live about an hour south west in Maryland.
The first time the wife and I rode up with some friends they had a biker build off televised from there. It was pretty crowded and exciting.
We went the next couple years after that and gave up. Nothing but field parking, over priced vendors, and rather cheap bike shows if I recall.
Oh Yea, there was some fella there with extra long pipes on his bike and he would start it up and make a lot of noise for you if you asked him to.
You can save a lot of money and pick another weekend to ride the beautiful country side.
Dan

Old 01-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Byron
Advanced

I've been to Gettysburg last 2 years and it was Ok. I much prefer Carlisle. Lots more vendors and a much better show

Byron

Quick Reply: Gettysburg Bike Week