Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White Walls

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006 | 02:41 PM
brianseay
Tourer
Default RE: White Walls

I used to not like them, but they do kinda grow on you after a while. I think they do set the bike off and really fall in line the style of the bike. I do not like them on other style bikes though. Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-12-2006 | 03:21 PM
fattizzi
Intermediate

If you have a RK Classic there is nothing better looking than nice bright whitewalls. You have to get a lift. Stop spending it on the bleach stuff and buy the lift. use regular soap, brillo pads and some water. Put her up on the lift and spin your wheel until clean.

Old 01-12-2006 | 04:14 PM
PLUG
4th Gear

I to have w/walls but what a job cleaning the blue protection stuff off to get to the white wall, also does the use of a brillo pad take the white out with constant use??

Old 01-12-2006 | 04:19 PM
mlbuckner
Novice

I got an 06 Road King Classic and love the white walls, best kept secret given to me was the Mr. Clean eraser pad, no water needed works just like a real eraser and cleans perfectly in my book. Very white walls and cleans off everything I have encountered so far.

M

Old 01-12-2006 | 04:23 PM
springer_
Road Captain

I have the AVON Wide White Walls. I like the AVON tires because they are a soft compound tire. The problem with that is they tend to wear a little quicker but they stick pretty good. The Avon WWW's have more of a classic tread design and probably cost a little bit on the cornering.

This picture was taken a few hundred miles after cleaning the whites. I find it is very easy to clean them using Bike Bright. Spray it on, brush it lightly and hose it off. I have tried SOS and various other ways of cleaning them but the Bike Bright works the best for me.

The tires grip so good that when my friend needed his building moved, I gave it a try. Trust me, there is a White wall in there.

As mentioned above the tread wears quicker. This picture was after only 90 seconds of medium duty use [sm=smiley36.gif]

Proof there was a white wall in there [sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 01-12-2006 | 05:37 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member

Wide whites on baggers for sure. I use Simple Green to clean mine. Put Cycle on craftsman lift and spray on alittle Simple Green and use brillo pad spung, then spray off.
Nice Burn out springer_[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-12-2006 | 06:03 PM
springer_
Road Captain

Here is the complete burnout video if you would like to see it.

CLICK HERE

Old 01-12-2006 | 06:20 PM
recross
Tourer

a lift for sure....
comet and a scrub brush..
use to have them for a few years..no longer use them...
have fun cleaning.........

Old 01-12-2006 | 10:23 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

I tried the suggestion of Mr clean magic erasers.
It took me about 2 mins (30 seconds per side of tire) to clean them to spotless.
Looks like I might get 2 uses per pad, and 4 pads are $5

Old 01-12-2006 | 11:51 PM
rmwill
Advanced

Very sweet RKC... Almost as attractive as an attractive woman.

I have the same lift but have not used it yet. Do you hold the bike vertical while lifting, or let the jack slowly lift the bike vertical? Is it stable when lifted?

Quick Reply: White Walls