Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TEST BIKES - 3M PAINT PROTECTION FILM

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 08:15 PM
profinish
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TEST BIKES - 3M PAINT PROTECTION FILM

Guys...

Thank you all for your response to my free3M Paint Protection Filmoffer. Man, this post sure got convoluted in a hurry. I apologize if I wasn't clear on what I was looking for.

The reason behind me wanting local bikes was so I can (1) personally dothe professionalinstallation and (2) let the owner see how easy the filmwas to install and (3)test out the product after installationand post his thoughts on this forum.

I'd like to give all of you the opportunityto try out a kit...but, with the cost of a 100' roll of the 3M filmbeing nearly $1k... I couldn't possibly send out free kits to everyone. That's why I was offering the DIY saddlebag lids a few posts back. I was basically covering my costs associated with making them.

For those who posted this question, this is not a new product... nor, a new business. The 3M product has been out since WWII and was primarily used on helicopter rotor blades to guard against damage.

I, myself have personallybeen doing this for 10 years in the automotive sector. This is all I do. It's not a hobby. I am just wanting to add anothermarket sectorto my automotive line and hopefully teach a few people how to do an install so they can make a few bucks on the side if they wish.

The offer still stands for a free local install... I have already contacted two of the local guys who responded to the post and I'll be working something out with them in getting their scoot protected.

On another note, I would really like to get some film on some bikes that are in areas with harsher weather conditions. However, it really wouldn't be cost effective for me to do that.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:24 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TEST BIKES - 3M PAINT PROTECTION FILM

With all due respect, my friend - you ARE posting ads - time and again. And frankly, it's getting old.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I do believe there are some extenuating circumstances here.
I agree that there are rules, but sometimes there needs to be a small bend in order to help a guy get back on his feet.

Cut the man a little slack and I'm sure that the favor will be returned in whatever fashion he is able to help this forum.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:15 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

I've followed the string - and IMO, HAVE cut a lotta slack. Go back and read his more recent posts...talking about not being a vendor here, so won't be "advertising"...as he advertises. It was meant more as a terse friendly observation to him than an admonition....

Old 01-14-2008, 12:34 AM
profinish
Banned

For what its worth pal... I've actually given away more than I've received, and I continue to do so...and even paid for the shipping to boot.

Heck, I'm even willing togiveaway close to $1500 worth of my material and labor But, I guess you don't hear that... sounds to melikeyou've nothing beter to do than rip on someone.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:40 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I think this is EXACTLY the place these posts belong. One of the reasons I come to the forum is to see what people are doing to their bikes to customize them and improve them. Profinish is trying to expose us to a new product and get some feedback on the forum on that product.

I'm interested in hearing more. Keep the posts coming and good luck with your product.

BTW, "getting back on his feet" must have a lot of meaning considering the past several months. Hope you're healing well.
Steve L.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:00 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Y'know, I didn't mean for my comments to be taken personally - but if you wish to do so, that's cool. I made no personal attack on you - just an observation that I felt you were going too far.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:05 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about a sponsor ad instead of posting over and over and over. I am personally uninterested in the stuff. If and when my bike gets damage i will fix it and paint it. I understand what you are trying to do just don't think you are going about it the right way.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:07 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

geez

Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Billiam92407
Tourer

[sm=popcorn.gif]