Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pure Power oil filter

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 08:15 PM
gli.der
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pure Power oil filter

I read an article on this filter. (gopurepower.com) Claims to increase HP and torque by about 9 on an 07Road Glide.A little pricey, but10-15% for a couple hondo? Feedback!!!!!

Old 01-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Pure Power oil filter

i too investigated the purchase of the filter....IMO, its BS...most of the pitch was geared towards sellin me thier oil...i even ordered one but it never showed....to me, if it was all they claim, this forum would be full of talk about it...save your money

Old 01-12-2008, 09:32 PM
HOGNUTZ
Cruiser

A couple friends and I were talking about this filter to help with heat instop and go traffic. I was thinking about getting it. I am also looking at a engine fan on e-bay manufacturedbylenale-engineeringfor Harley at half the price to help with the stop and go traffic heat at bike week and so on.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:15 AM
White Knight 04
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think about it how in the hell can a oil filter increase H.P. ?? It might filter the oil better but, I had my own trucks for30 years and changing the oil and filter never, I repeat never, increased the H.P. It takes something done to the engine I.E. cams Timing change, pistons, or heads or fuel to air ratio to make H.P. claming tha a oil filter gives you H.P. is just pure bull $hit..... I would stay away from them for just that reason....

Jer

Old 01-13-2008, 05:49 AM
White Knight 04
Road Master

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/gen...l-filters.htmlYou guy's might want to go to this link and read it ....Jer

Old 01-13-2008, 05:54 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: White Knight 04

Think about it how in the hell can a oil filter increase H.P. ?? It might filter the oil better but, I had my own trucks for30 years and changing the oil and filter never, I repeat never, increased the H.P. It takes something done to the engine I.E. cams Timing change, pistons, or heads or fuel to air ratio to make H.P. claming tha a oil filter gives you H.P. is just pure bull $hit..... I would stay away from them for just that reason....

Jer

Agreed. An outrageous claim such as horsepower gain from a oil filter tells me that if they need B/S to sell their product thanit must be crap........

Old 01-13-2008, 10:20 AM
gli.der
Cruiser

Thx. for the input.....I'll save my money, maybe there is a member out there that hassome Dyno comparisons.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:36 AM
White Knight 04
Road Master

I get the feeling you seem to still think that this oil filter will give you more H.P. IT WILL NOT ...... Sorry

Jer

Old 01-14-2008, 08:58 PM
gli.der
Cruiser

Nope...already spent my allowance on an Air Force Blaster...

Old 01-16-2008, 12:04 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The only wa an oil filter could possibly give you more horsepower is to have less resistance to oil flow. The only ways to cut down on resistance on a modern oil filters is to either open the bypass sooner or have a filter media that is more porus. Both these methods let unfiltered oil circulate. I think I would rather give up a few HP for longevity.

Quick Reply: Pure Power oil filter