Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

20% off

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008 | 11:48 AM
maxum96
Cruiser
Default RE: 20% off

Opps. This message is deleted.

Old 01-13-2008 | 11:58 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

OK guys (and gals). I'm not sticking up for the dealers but since I work at one I though I'd give my 2 cents. Places like Chicago Harley are huge dealerships who have dedicated "several" employees to "internet sales." They probably have a different warehouse where they stock all the stuff they sell on the internet. Most dealerships don't have the room (or money) to carry that type of inventory. I've also seen people complaining on the forum about the amount of time it takes them to get their parts from some of these places. Back orders are a bitch and they've already run you care so if you find it locally it can get complicated to get your money back. I guess it depends on the amount you order which will determine the amount you same. I ordered my Rineharts from Eastern Performance Cycle before they were a sponsor here I save a couple of hundred dollars over my dealership. Smaller parts don't make that much difference. Dealerships are there to make money. Their overhead is huge. I'd like to see a 20-25% special on parts at the time you purchase your bike or for maybe 30 days but to ask a dealership to cut their profits just so you won't order off line is just not fair.

Old 01-13-2008 | 11:59 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

ya know, dealers, like everything else in life, comes in all shapes, sizes and flavors. I am glad I have a decent one, no a very good one. They do not always have sales, but every week there is "friday surprise' where items are between 10 and 20% off. There are unannounced sales during the week all the time and They have a monthly sale paper with coupons in it. I have found that by shopping and sometimes waiting a day or two, I can keep a lot of my business, HD wise, local. The dealer has been family owned for about 30 years and sons and daughters oif the original owners work there. They sponsor our local HOG group and we have over 900 active members. You can always stop in for a cup of coffee or a soda, shoot the breeze and get some pretty knowledgable advice from the parts and service staff. It is a great place IMO.

Old 01-13-2008 | 12:28 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

It is very clear to me that dealers like other business are there to make a profit. In fact the guy of the couple that used to own the local dealer would tell you so. However, his attitude was a family one and it seems the new one has no interest in attitude - just profit. After being used to the first, the second will be hard to accept!

Old 01-13-2008 | 03:30 PM
odog
Intermediate

I order from Hales...not disappointed at all

Old 01-13-2008 | 04:17 PM
rahall
Tourer

www.lshd1.com

-20%

Free shipping until 1/15/2008

Old 01-13-2008 | 05:05 PM
socalmoe
|
Tourer

I agree with your statement, but isnt what this forum is for, to share, discuss etc. If the dealers cannot adapt or keep up, oh well. I will go where my dollar buys more. The dealers do not think twice about what they charge for service, merch etc. They are in the business of making $$$$; I make it my business to save money!!!
ORIGINAL: Terry1955

OK guys (and gals). I'm not sticking up for the dealers but since I work at one I though I'd give my 2 cents. Places like Chicago Harley are huge dealerships who have dedicated "several" employees to "internet sales." They probably have a different warehouse where they stock all the stuff they sell on the internet. Most dealerships don't have the room (or money) to carry that type of inventory. I've also seen people complaining on the forum about the amount of time it takes them to get their parts from some of these places. Back orders are a bitch and they've already run you care so if you find it locally it can get complicated to get your money back. I guess it depends on the amount you order which will determine the amount you same. I ordered my Rineharts from Eastern Performance Cycle before they were a sponsor here I save a couple of hundred dollars over my dealership. Smaller parts don't make that much difference. Dealerships are there to make money. Their overhead is huge. I'd like to see a 20-25% special on parts at the time you purchase your bike or for maybe 30 days but to ask a dealership to cut their profits just so you won't order off line is just not fair.

Old 01-13-2008 | 09:37 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I didn't say anything about not sharing or discussing. I just threw in my 2 cents too. It takes a lot of money to support a dealership. It takes very little to rent a warehouse and to ship parts. I order online too. It's apples and oranges.

ORIGINAL: socalmoe

I agree with your statement, but isnt what this forum is for, to share, discuss etc. If the dealers cannot adapt or keep up, oh well. I will go where my dollar buys more. The dealers do not think twice about what they charge for service, merch etc. They are in the business of making $$$$; I make it my business to save money!!!
ORIGINAL: Terry1955

Old 01-13-2008 | 09:49 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member

Unless its a two bit item, I'll always shop the internet for a reasonable price. Chicago Harley is doing well because other dealerships are overcharging. Many folks don't like toget gouged.

Old 01-14-2008 | 12:13 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

I shop on line for higher priced items, but for the less expensive stuff, I go local. Sure would be nice to have a sale once in a while, though. I shop Chicago and Zanotti's. Both are great, but I check them both because the exact same item is not always the same price at both sites...Sure, having to wait is a pian, but I have had to order, and wait, from my local dealer, as well... Only difference there is, my local dealer has never once called me to tell me my part is in.. I have to call them... and once they even said it wasn't, when they actually stocked the item, and lied to me. When I found it on the shelf they admitted the computer showed it was in, but since they couldn't find it in the back, they lied and said it wasn't in....

Quick Reply: 20% off