Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My tattoo is done...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008 | 03:06 AM
PapaTravis
|
Elite HDF Member
Default My tattoo is done...

Some of ya'll might remember me posting my latest tattoo last month... well, today I had it finished. The first sitting lasted about 3-3 1/2 hours...

The sitting today last all of 4 1/2 hours. I think it turned out incredible. Funny thing was, the first sitting really didn't hurt... and I kind of like the pain.... this sitting today was great... for the first three hours. The last 1 1/2 was a bit painful. Still, sometimes a little pain is worth it.

I didn't start this thread as a tattoo debate, so if ya don't like them... keep your mouth shut, LOL. However, if you are like me, and actually like tattoo's, please give me your feedback. The pics are not the greatest, as I could not get rid of the damn glare, but you can still see some of the detail... in person, I will bet it will rival some of the nicest tattoo's you have seen (at least in my eyes).

Old 01-12-2008 | 03:38 AM
mrbadlands
Cruiser
Default RE: My tattoo is done...

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

Some of ya'll might remember me posting my latest tattoo last month... well, today I had it finished. The first sitting lasted about 3-3 1/2 hours...

The sitting today last all of 4 1/2 hours. I think it turned out incredible. Funny thing was, the first sitting really didn't hurt... and I kind of like the pain.... this sitting today was great... for the first three hours. The last 1 1/2 was a bit painful. Still, sometimes a little pain is worth it.

I didn't start this thread as a tattoo debate, so if ya don't like them... keep your mouth shut, LOL. However, if you are like me, and actually like tattoo's, please give me your feedback. The pics are not the greatest, as I could not get rid of the damn glare, but you can still see some of the detail... in person, I will bet it will rival some of the nicest tattoo's you have seen (at least in my eyes).

That Tat looks great! Nice detail with some nice colors.

I have a couple tats myself, but none of them quite as big as yours. I bet when the pain was it's worse was when they were filling in some of the color. I sat at the New Orleans VooDoo Tattoo convention for about 5-1/2 hours gettingmy last tat and the pain was quite bearable until they started filling in the solid colors. Good thing the wife was bringing me plenty of beer and the chair next to me was where they were doing nipple piercing.

Again, Nice Tat!!!!!!

mrbadlands

Old 01-12-2008 | 04:03 AM
PapaTravis
|
Elite HDF Member

Thanks... yeah, a shot of bourbon would have been nice... but I stopped drinking a while back... but, I think it is time to start again, LOL...

Old 01-12-2008 | 04:16 AM
Warden
Cruiser

Very nice tat. My wife is actually a Tattoo Artist. I have 2 sleeves and about 20 more tats.

Kudos to the artist. Very nice work.

Old 01-12-2008 | 04:20 AM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior

PT, That is a great tattoo. I have 3 now and I am going to turn one into a partial sleeve. I love them. Nice job!!! Bryan

Old 01-12-2008 | 04:25 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member

I tought the time was a little long at first thinking the artist either really liked you or really hated you and wanted mo pain then i saw the color. 1 picture at a time on a blackjack cell phone. looks good i am running out of room myself. don't let that happen to you cause i now have to flip a coin. heads-chrome tails-color. don't forget sunblock on those colors.

Old 01-12-2008 | 04:45 AM
PapaTravis
|
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: captjon37

I tought the time was a little long at first thinking the artist either really liked you or really hated you and wanted mo pain then i saw the color. 1 picture at a time on a blackjack cell phone. looks good i am running out of room myself. don't let that happen to you cause i now have to flip a coin. heads-chrome tails-color. don't forget sunblock on those colors.
Well, at 300 pounds, I have a lot more room. LOL. I have a cover up done on my right shoulderblade, and my two girls names on my left... oh, and lest we forget, I have the wife's name on my ring finger (you can kind of see it in one of the pics. This one set me back a bit more than I wanted, but, in the end I think it was worth it (art is not cheap)... the wife, on the other hand, has lost her mind... LOL. I am sure she will get over it... besides, it isn't like I can take it back for being pricy, LOL...

As far as chrome goes... she has informed me that I am cut off. I have most of the parts for a BB kit on my bike, just need some bearings and gaskets... looks like that is going to be a long time coming... ya know anyone that needs a BB kit? LOL

Old 01-12-2008 | 04:45 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member

LOOKS AWESOME!!!

Old 01-12-2008 | 04:46 AM
PapaTravis
|
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Warden

Very nice tat. My wife is actually a Tattoo Artist. I have 2 sleeves and about 20 more tats.

Kudos to the artist. Very nice work.
Man, that must be nice. I am sure your sleeves cost you a lot less money than mine, LOL... but, I bet the "honey do's" never end for you... LOL...

Old 01-12-2008 | 04:58 AM
sanaga
Road Captain

nice tatto...i have dragon tat on my left hand too...butstill in the black colour....want to fillwith colour BUT the pain make me always pend my want....LOL

Quick Reply: My tattoo is done...