Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zumo Sounds

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008 | 08:53 PM
Captain Itch
|
Sponsor
Default Zumo Sounds

I was looking around for a little better sound out of my Zumo,does anyone have any input about Bluetooth Headphones when riding? I goggled up this guy http://www.jaybirdgear.com/ emailed him and he said it should work fine.what are you using?

Old 01-11-2008 | 09:03 PM
NoKenDo
Road Master
Default RE: Zumo Sounds

Zumo does not support stereo bluetooth headsets.[:@] Maybe in the future.

Old 01-11-2008 | 09:25 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master

I just run a patch cord from the 550 to the aux input of the bike's stereo and it sounds great. Listen to it all the time!

Old 01-11-2008 | 11:11 PM
HarlyFan
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Ugly Troll

I just run a patch cord from the 550 to the aux input of the bike's stereo and it sounds great. Listen to it all the time!
Are you using the Zumo for the XM???

Old 01-12-2008 | 11:21 AM
carlosgtn
Advanced

I am looking into the Zumo 450. I like the price, and I dont want XM or blue tooth, but I want to know something. I understand it is an MP3 plater also. Do you load your music in the SD card and play your tunes. Can you have the sound come through the speakers on the bike ? and can you use the GPS function and play music at the same time ?

Old 01-12-2008 | 09:55 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master

ORIGINAL: carlosgtn

I am looking into the Zumo 450. I like the price, and I dont want XM or blue tooth, but I want to know something. I understand it is an MP3 plater also. Do you load your music in the SD card and play your tunes. Can you have the sound come through the speakers on the bike ? and can you use the GPS function and play music at the same time ?

The music will load onto an SD card. The 550 only reads 1000 songs (period), the 450 is probably the same. The sound will go through a patch cord to the aux port on the radio and yes you can use the gps and play music at the same time. One benefit on the 450 is it does not have text to speach( turn left at??) so your mp3 will not stop during the communication. On the 550 when it says turn left the music stops for that period of time then comes back on.

Old 01-12-2008 | 10:15 PM
NoKenDo
Road Master

ORIGINAL: BOARGAURD

and can you use the GPS function and play music at the same time ?

On the 550 when it says turn left the music stops for that period of time then comes back on.

Go into settings and turn the volume all the way down on the nav and it wont interupt the music.

Old 01-13-2008 | 10:56 AM
carlosgtn
Advanced

Great I guess I dont have to buy an MP3 player. I was looking at the one Harley makes that mounts on the bars, but I was told the sound is not the best in that unit. I had ordered one in Sept, but the dealer kept telling me that they were back ordered, so I cancelled last week. Some times good things come to those who wait.

Old 01-13-2008 | 11:07 AM
NoKenDo
Road Master

you wont be sorry.

Old 01-13-2008 | 12:49 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: BOARGAURD

The music will load onto an SD card. The 550 only reads 1000 songs (period), the 450 is probably the same. The sound will go through a patch cord to the aux port on the radio and yes you can use the gps and play music at the same time. One benefit on the 450 is it does not have text to speach( turn left at??) so your mp3 will not stop during the communication. On the 550 when it says turn left the music stops for that period of time then comes back on.
WRONG! I have the 450 and it most certainly does pause the MP3 when it prompts you to "Turn right in .2 miles" or "continue for 12.7 miles" or whatever the instruction may be. The lack of "text to speech" only means that it will not give the street name in the directions.

Quick Reply: Zumo Sounds