Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funky Clearview Installation Instructions for Roadglide

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 06:44 PM
rideglide
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funky Clearview Installation Instructions for Roadglide

Just got the +2 clearview windshield for the roadglide. I'm a ham-fisted fool anyway, but man those instruction they provide could stand some improvement. The shield comes with five new inserts and screws. Four are in the windshield and one is in the packing material. The instructions tell you to insert the windshield from one side to the other and then put the final plug into the fairing and then through the windshield. Not the simplest approach in my opinion -- finally gave up on it.

Fortunately someone posted earlier to start in the middle and work outward. After putting the fifth plug into the windshield before attempting installation I worked the shield on from center and out. It works like a charm if you flex the shield. My advice to anyone installing a new clearview for a roadglide is to make sure all five plugs are in the shield, and then start with the center and work outward.

Also the instruction said to just pull the previous h-d plugs out of the fairing. Couldn't do it -- the metal screw threads were on the inside of the fairing and I couldn't get them to come out through the hole (tried pliers, vice grips, etc.). So I now have five spare plugs inside my fairing just in case I ever need em. It's easy to push em through. Lucky for me I got a roadglide and not a goldwing. If it was a goldwing I'm sure I'd here em rattling around in there, but on the hog all I hear is that great motor...

Anyway, love the clearview shield. Took the glide out on the freeway in the dark and blasted up to 80 or so. It's a big improvement. Now I just need some lowers and I'll be ready for the long ride on the super slap. Cheers...

Old 01-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Agent Orange
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Funky Clearview Installation Instructions for Roadglide

Yeeoww..I didn't get any instructions with mine..I called clearview and they walked me through it...couldn't tell much difference from the stock shield though..Shoulda kept my money