Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vertically Challenged

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 04:04 PM
socalmoe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vertically Challenged

I am 5-7 on a 08 UC, I feel comfortable with it. My feet are almost flat on the ground.
Listen to thr suggestions around here, this guys are very helpful!

Old 01-11-2008, 04:15 PM
az232
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JonnyD- You sold a 64 GTO????? That had to be have been tough.

Anyway, 5'6" here on a Road King. Did the 12" progressive shocks (1" lower), then the Harley Reach seat 1.5" lower). That almost let me be completely flat footed but that didn't happen until I bought a pair of Logger boots (2" heel) by Chippewa.I am totally flat footed now. Good Luck!

Old 01-11-2008, 04:19 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes , I did. But it was back in 2000. Divorce forced me to. I wish I had it now, it's worth twice what I sold it for [:@]

Old 01-11-2008, 04:20 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

SHORTER SHOCKS - will reduce the cush for your tush...
I would start out by having your seat re-done (Mean City Cycles) and go from there... Progressive does make an OUTSTANDING SHOCK but if lowerinf the seat will do it for you why spend the extra $$$

Old 01-11-2008, 04:30 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,353 Likes on 2,533 Posts

ORIGINAL: SoCal_Pappy

SHORTER SHOCKS - will reduce the cush for your tush...
I would start out by having your seat re-done (Mean City Cycles) and go from there... Progressive does make an OUTSTANDING SHOCK but if lowerinf the seat will do it for you why spend the extra $$$
yeah, but you gotta do what you gotta do. i'm only 5'4" so i had to put 11-1/2 progressive 440s on my road king (-1/2 from stock) and a corbin classic solo (with a nose job on it) that did the trick for me and still provides a good ride, better than the stock air shocks.

the mustang seats that i've had experience with, while being comfortable, tend to sit you a little higher. if you go with a corbin, be sure to either do the ride in/ride out thing, or order it from the factory with a nose job. that will allow you to put your legs down instead of out.

mean city cycles has had tons of great feedback. i would have gone that route but got my bike before joining this forum.... so too late for me.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:56 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]welcome to the forum ditto on all previous post by other members.... good luck

Old 01-11-2008, 05:10 PM
singlepin
Cruiser

The UC has a 30.7" seat height unloaded and a 27.3" loaded with a 180 lb rider. I've got a 29" inseam and ride an 07 UC. I have a 1" lowering kit on the rear and my seat is at Mean City Cycle now getting lowered 2". With the wife on, I am flat footed now, but I want some wiggle room.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:40 PM
The Old Man
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bluejerry

Hey folks, this is my first post here. I have a question for all you challenged folks out there. I am looking at buying my first Harley. I ride a Suzuki c50 now and am looking to go to an ultra glide. I have done the demo ride on an 07 and the 08 seemed taller. Here is my concern. I was at destination Daytona this past weekend and sat on an ultra and I could not sit flat footed. I am 5' 6 and was on the ***** of my feet. This concerns me with an 800 plus pound bike. The wife and I will be doing allot of two up riding and want to know from you folks how you manage to back this bike up or ballance at stoplights.

ThanksJerry

I to have a C50 Suzuki. I now have a EGC 08. I am 5'11". It is a great bike and after only 500 miles I feel that it handles better then the C50.
Don't try to back up teh bike with any body on the back. The rear passenger boards get in my way. It is beter balances then the C50 and it feels better at lights and stuff. I can ride it really slow if i just stop back a car lenght or two from the light. Enjoy the ride its great. If you wife is conserned with the rear comfort there is a difference between the 07 and the 08's. The pillion seat is somewhat higher in the front and that makes my wife lean back more and be more comfortable. Thats a quote.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:53 PM
I am Jerry
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bluejerry

Good ideas. I have a mustang seat and 3" risers on the handlebars. Sucks to be a hobbit! I have ridden the 07 electraglide classic and liked it.
jerry
Hey Jerry, I had the risers and the Mustnag on my C50T too. That was the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden. I got the Sundowner seat for the Road King along with the "reach" handlebars, and some good boots (BTW I'm 5'4"). I also got the 11.5" Progressive shocks but have a set of 12"ers ordered. I put a tour-pak on and I am bottoming out sometimes when riding 2 up.

I have a friend that's around 6' and he lowered his '08 Ultra just to make it feel better.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:22 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey dude if you have a motivated dealer he should make the bike fit you, it will just cost extra.
I'm 5'10" and I had to cahnge the shocks and seat and handlebars to make things fit properly, and I'm also lowering the front end this winter.
I still say that Harleys test riders must bea lower primates than us because therebikesdon't fitregular people.

Quick Reply: Vertically Challenged