Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seat - one vs two piece

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 07:43 PM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mustang Seat - one vs two piece

1. Is either one or the other more comfortable?

I have the 2 piece with 13" Passenger Seat. (over the top of the rider seat) I ride Solo about 50% of the time so I remove the passager seat and use the Mustang Rider Backrest. Much easier to ajust both up and down as well as forward and back. To me its supports my back much better then the HD back rest.

2. Any more room for a 6'2" guy with one vs the other?

It will sit you slightly lower in the saddle, I think it moved me slightly forward as there is more back support (thicker), but not enough to make a big diffrence in my leg position

3. Looking to get a driver's backrest - does everyone go with the Mustang or the MoCo backrests? Any issues using the MoCo backrest with the Mustang one piece?

No issue if your using a 1 piece mustang seat. I,m not sure about the 2 piece

4. Does the Mustang seats really make you seem to be sitting on the gas tank?

I dont feel it has moved me that much forward to feel as if I,m sitting agains the gas tank

Old 01-09-2008, 10:50 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2005UltraNC

Anyone have comments on the Mustang Seat (Ultra One Piece Touring 75449) versus the Mustang Two Piece Solo (like the 75353) - wondering:

1. Is either one or the other more comfortable? I have had both. I traded the one piece Ultra aTouring for the Solo with Pillion and Rider Backrest recently. The one piece set me closer to the tank and up about an inch off the ground. The solo sits me pretty close to stock position but SO much more comfortable.

2. Any more room for a 6'2" guy with one vs the other? I am 6'2" see answer to number 1

3. Looking to get a driver's backrest - does everyone go with the Mustang or the MoCo backrests? Any issues using the MoCo backrest with the Mustang one piece? I use the Mustang backrest, I find it compliments the seat and is very comfortable

4. Does the Mustang seats really make you seem to be sitting on the gas tank? The one piece Ultra sat ME further towards the tank than the solo does. I have tried 5 different seats on my scoot in the last couple of years. This Mustang solo with pillion is a keeper for me for several reasons. One is the pobvious seat comfoprt and position but also the ability to take the pillion off and strip the pak off and be a solo setup for barhopping etc...

I have a Corbin seat and neither my butt or the seat has grown to like the other yet (been like 5,000 miles).

Old 01-10-2008, 11:26 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2005UltraNC

Anyone have comments on the Mustang Seat (Ultra One Piece Touring 75449) versus the Mustang Two Piece Solo (like the 75353) - wondering:

1. Is either one or the other more comfortable?
To me, the 1 piece was more "cushy" (It has an additional inch of padding) but I prefered the narrower nose of the 2 piece. The one peice gave me a pressure point under my left thigh, that while not really bad, was less comfortable after a few hours. The extra width of the 1 peice did not seem to contribute any extra comfort, for me at least. (Im 6 feet tall and 215 lbs)

ORIGINAL: 2005UltraNC2. Any more room for a 6'2" guy with one vs the other?
The two piece will sit you a bit down and a bit back, so I would say its more roomy based on that. It will however, be more crowded for your passenger as a result.

ORIGINAL: 2005UltraNC3. Looking to get a driver's backrest - does everyone go with the Mustang or the MoCo backrests? Any issues using the MoCo backrest with the Mustang one piece?
Get the Mustang. The Moco backrests are crap, as far as Im concerned. Ive had both types, and neither could ever be positioned even remotly close to far back enough for my taste. As well as being so thick (espesially the adjustable) that it takes 2 inches of room away from your passenger. If you go with the Mustang 2 piece, you can get an optional angled bracket ($15) which allows it to be positioned even further back. I run mine almost all the way forward, and its just right for me. (compared to the HD bakrests that I could never get far enough back to be usefull) And the backrest makes a HUGE difference in MY comfort.

ORIGINAL: 2005UltraNC4. Does the Mustang seats really make you seem to be sitting on the gas tank?
In my experience, no more so than the stock seat on an Ultra. The one peice is about a match for the stock seat, the two peice moves you back.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:40 AM
ezlife
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: StreetglideOK

Heres mine as a comparison, curious how much more cushion cruiser has over mine,

Same here.
No issues and wifey is comfy as well. Also allows you to go for the solo look which is nice flexibility to have.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:32 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Here is the ONE piece Ultra Touring on my scoot

HERE is the TWO piece solo with pillion: The Pillions are the same size as the two piece rear seat. Notice how the solo rides much lower and a little narrower than the Regal. It is a better ride and a more controlled riding position for me.

HERE is the Ultimate solo seat I reserve for special occasions C&C Customs seat. It is very comfy. less padded than Mustangs but built very well and sits me lower.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: StreetglideOK

Solo without backrest here. Added the biggest passenger cushion, and with its overhang, helps support my back.
Ditto, same here.

My Mustang also feels like it moved me further back, not up on the tank. Can stretch my legs out better with the Mustang than I could with the stocker.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:53 PM
rome304
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like the mustang went with c&c.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:07 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257

Have a one piece Mustang Sport Touring Seat with the MoCo backrest.
[IMG]local://upfiles/24532/4C6E924861F64C52916EABB946EC2423.jpg[/IMG]
I just can't get over how ugly those sport touring seats are on a FLHX. Those pinnions are HUGE!

Old 01-10-2008, 07:32 PM
model1911a
Cruiser

Here's why I have the 2 piece seat. It's great for how my bike is set up................

[IMG]local://upfiles/9388/1E3E5E32C5D24933A2134A8DA3637A5E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9388/916E7D9613EE4F64A75A7AA78897D959.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9388/77854A9358E1472F8BAA699321A6F8EF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9388/DD64E3FCC04C4B579783B70AF876DE09.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-11-2008, 06:13 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Two piece here and best seats I've had yet. Tried many over the years on several bikes.

Quick Reply: Mustang Seat - one vs two piece