Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 01:14 PM
SubZer0
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Race Tuner

My bike is down getting dyno tuned with the SERT now. Hopefully I'll have something to report on tonight.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Joe must not be on but he PM'd me last night and said that he had found a guy to dyno his bike with the SERT.

Terry

Old 01-10-2006, 09:39 PM
redscout
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody know a good Dyno/SERT guy in the Indianapolis area? While I appreciated the link to the SERT instructions, I can see me screwing it up and one of the things I like about this site is the advice, and all that says "go dyno"...

Old 01-13-2006, 03:13 AM
SubZer0
Road Master

OK, I got the numbers from the dyno tune I had done. I don't know about you guys but I think these numbers suck. Max Power 70.57 and Max Torque 84.19. according to the charts in the Screamin Eagle catalog for a Stage II big bore it should be 80HP and 98 Torque.
I'm starting to wounder if they know what their doing.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:18 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Thane,

I agree with you. I'm running 80hp and around 87 torque with the same setup except I've got the true dual rineharts and the stage II download. I had the power commander but it was not working when I had it dyno'd. I'm having the SERT and 211 cams installed next month so I expect to go up to around 90 hp. I'm not sure what to tell you except to talk to someone else (another dyno tech) and see what he tells you. I would think with the SERT and your setup you should be running between 80 and 85 hp.

Terry

Old 01-13-2006, 03:29 AM
SiCkEl_RiDeR
Advanced

ORIGINAL: John TN

Joe,

If you want to take full advantage of the SERT, it's best to have the custom map done by a compentant tuner on the dyno. They do have some base maps I think for the SERT and if you could find one that's very close it might work, but I still recommend the dyno tune to get the correct AFR and tuning for what you want the bike to do.
Hey John.. how do you like your RINEHARTS? That is the same ones I want to get on my UC. Any complaints? Are they good quality? (read:strong construction) How do they sound? I've seen other forums say that it's almost 1/2 the weight of the Stock Pipes.. I know Power/Weight is good.. but with my big *** on it, it shouldn't make that much difference. My concern is 1/2 the weight means thinner steel and less wear ability.

Thanks

Old 01-13-2006, 03:47 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Rick,

I have the Rineharts on my SE Roadglide and love them. The quality (construction and chrome) is great. They sound good (deep but not too loud) and perform well.

Make sure if you order them that you get the new design. There was a problem with the rear header mount (where it attaches to the starter) causing the tab to break away from the pipe. I have never had a problem with it but the new pipes are suppose to be improved and Rinehart has been great about replacing their pipes if they break.

Terry

Old 01-13-2006, 03:53 AM
SiCkEl_RiDeR
Advanced

ORIGINAL: terryt1955

Rick,

I have the Rineharts on my SE Roadglide and love them. The quality (construction and chrome) is great. They sound good (deep but not too loud) and perform well.

Make sure if you order them that you get the new design. There was a problem with the rear header mount (where it attaches to the starter) causing the tab to break away from the pipe. I have never had a problem with it but the new pipes are suppose to be improved and Rinehart has been great about replacing their pipes if they break.

Terry

Awesome Terry.. thanks for the tip. I will definately go with these now.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:56 AM
SiCkEl_RiDeR
Advanced

ORIGINAL: SubZer0

OK, I got the numbers from the dyno tune I had done. I don't know about you guys but I think these numbers suck. Max Power 70.57 and Max Torque 84.19. according to the charts in the Screamin Eagle catalog for a Stage II big bore it should be 80HP and 98 Torque.
I'm starting to wounder if they know what their doing.
Sub,
I also leave near you.. where did you have the work done (if you don't mind me asking). I want to make sure I don't go there.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:03 AM
SubZer0
Road Master

I went to Destination Harley in Fife. $80.00 an hour, three hours on dyno, I sure got my moneys worth HI.

Quick Reply: Race Tuner