Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Arnott Air Ride yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 161 Posts
Default Anyone using Arnott Air Ride yet?

Haven't seen a post lately about the new Arnott Air Ride System. I see Arnott is selling just the shocks for $399 on their website and $698 for shocks and a/c. Thinking about buying the shocks and setting up my own a/c system for adjustment. I know a couple of guys have these on their bikes from this site, any more? And how are they riding? Are you happy with the ride? It's still winter here, but spring is just around the corner ( I wish!). I was gonna go with the Bleed & Feed setup, but the Arnotts come in at a better price. Anyone else?
Jerry

Old 01-07-2008, 07:09 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Anyone using Arnott Air Ride yet?

I also would like to hear some feed back on these.... Thanks

Old 05-04-2008, 10:22 PM
archermatt
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a set this weekend, I will post an install this week and a review

Old 05-05-2008, 12:05 PM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior

I have the aldan shock setup from arnott on my bike, they are $900. I love them so far.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:11 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

I think BryanTTM has a set for sale (?) I think he said so.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:46 PM
driftbuster2
Advanced

I had a set of the $699 bilsteins and was told the tire would not rub deflated, incase of a airline rupture but the the tire hits the fender. I also did not like the ride from them, probably from lack of available travel. I talked to fran, very good salesman but couldn't answer my questions about the problems i was having with them and said he would have someone call me, which never happened even after another call so i returned them. I have heard of others with the same problems with the bilstein, but others seem happy with the aldan, and QA1. I had inquired about the QA1 but frank didn't know anything about them and they were no longer available but i see now that they have a few sets for sale on ebay. It seems like the versions with 13" extended and 10.5" compressed would work very well with the adjustable dampning. I am watching to see how the aldans work, but i would stay away from the bilsteins.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:15 PM
kmmcgra
Tourer

I have the 13" Aldan's in black. So far so good but not many miles yet. Aldan's have dampening adjustments but they tell you to put some miles on before you adjust. I need to get a air gauge to help dial in consistent ride height.
Here is the bike all the way down(9.5"..no rubbing)

Old 05-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 161 Posts

Glad to hear your reviews, guys. Kinda surprised about the bilsteins. Keep em coming!
Jerry

Old 05-05-2008, 08:00 PM
izzi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i did the 12" bilstein kit. no tire rub at zero pressure for me. it takes a while to find the sweet spot but once i found it (38 psi/ i'm 165 lbs) the ride is great. that puts the shocks at 11" ish eye to eye with me on the bike. if you like to slam it when you park and air up when you ride you really need a gauge or you will spend your ride dickin' with it. i sent arnott pics and instructions on how i installed it.(the 2nd time) i did not want the handlebar mount switch and did not like the bracket they made to mount to the horn.as far as running wires,air-line and control valve location.... their version was not "clean" and mine looked like fido's *** with the seat off(air horn didn't help). the alternate instructions they gave me would not work for me under the right side cover(fuelpak), this is why i decided to revise their revision. the gauge is better than nothing but i am looking for a digital one.(cyberdyne gauges are on back-order till?) the aldens are better shocks(adjustable) but i plan on keeping the 16" wheel and i like the exposed air bag look. if you go 18" rear wheel ,(you may?) need the aldens .as far as wiring and control valve location install, here is a before and after.(note* i have an air horn compressor that added to the fun)

i'm forgetting something but dinner is ready..........

Old 05-05-2008, 09:06 PM
archermatt
Advanced

I installed mine tonight with the Bilstiens on it. I have a 05 road king with a 18" rear and there is no rear airbag rubbing at all. I'm also running the 13" shock which Don said is needed to clear the bigger rims when bottomed out. I agree with the air gauge all the way too! I can see it being a pain in the butt to mess around with it to get the best ride if you are changing it all the time. I liked the bilsteins a little better as they are a bit less obstrusive than the aldens. The aldens to me are fat, but they have better adjustments. I'll get some pics tomorrow, while the bags are off. I have to do a bit of tweaking to the exhaust valve to slow down the drop and I'll be putting it back together. Where are you guys mounting the valve and fuse holder. Doesn't seem to be a real good place to lock it down behind the tank?

Quick Reply: Anyone using Arnott Air Ride yet?