Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Arnott Air Ride yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 08:00 AM
spacelord
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have about 12,000 miles on a set of the Bilsteins with the compressor on my '08 FLHX. Haven't had a single problem. The install was a breeze! I was especially impressed with how well the compressor fit behind the sidecover. I don't have any clearance issues even with zero pressure. I just did the basic horn mount switch that came with the kit. One of these days I'm going to install a pressure gauge and the handlebar mount buttons. It's really nice to be able to adjust pressure on the fly. Makes it really easy to go from fully loaded two up to just two up or just fully loaded to solo, and vice versa. The most practical reason for it is backing the bike. Dump the pressure and I can stand up straight to push back. It's like having a reverse gear!

Old 01-10-2010, 07:50 PM
kalkhoff
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the shotgun shocks coming on tuesday. Has anyone installed those on a newer road king? They are supposed to be some of the best... We shall see...

Old 01-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Cycotic
Novice
Default Arnott shocks

I have had the shocks on for thousands of miles so far and I am sure I will always have these shocks for now on on all my future bikes, I am very happy with them. I would prefer a compressor that can inflate the shocks faster or maybe look into an onboard air tank. It takes a about 15 seconds to inflate shocks all the way (60- 80lbs from a complete slam). I know it's not a long time but I would prefer instant inflatation.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:24 AM
vbouncer
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did most of you guys install the Arnott system your selves or did you have an Indy shop do them or the stealer?

Thanks,

Old 01-12-2010, 02:30 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vbouncer
Did most of you guys install the Arnott system your selves or did you have an Indy shop do them or the stealer?

Thanks,

I did mine, very easy if you have any skill at all.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:18 AM
opm532
Stage IV

Did you use the 12" or the 13" shock option.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:16 AM
spyder966
1st Gear

i used the 12 inch and so far so good.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:30 PM
supernat
Stage III

Originally Posted by kmmcgra
I have the 13" Aldan's in black. So far so good but not many miles yet. Aldan's have dampening adjustments but they tell you to put some miles on before you adjust. I need to get a air gauge to help dial in consistent ride height.
Here is the bike all the way down(9.5"..no rubbing)
i have a street glide with a factory tire, i am considering this air ride system. I am 5"9 and having trouble getting my feet flat on the ground.. My question is will the air ride get me low enough to get my feet on the ground and will the ride still be comfortable or will i need to raise the bike once i get the bike moving? thanks for your help. u can email me directly at shannonprice@carolina.rr.com

Old 07-22-2010, 04:40 AM
galtjunk
Stellar HDF Member
Received 289 Likes on 155 Posts

I installed a set of the QA1's on my flht. I added the handlebar controls and mounted my air gauge on the left side of the fairing. I find that I get a good ride at 50-60 psi and I can drop it down to about 20 psi and flatfoot it for backing up. The ride is harsh at 0 psi but I don't get any fender rub at all. I still haven't played with the damper settings so I don't know how much effect they have.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:08 AM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the Arnott system for awhile...once I got past the "cool" stage of being able to slam the bike, reality hit me...suspension was too stiff. After trying several different shock combinations, I'm back the the stock shocks. Although they have some shortcomings, they give me the best comfort....

Quick Reply: Anyone using Arnott Air Ride yet?